Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Bonus
8 months ago
Head Office Accountant - Birmingham - 40 - 45k
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a manufacturing organisation with the recruitment of a Qualified Accountant who can take ownership of their Head Office accounts.
The business is going through a transformation and requires an individual who is looking for a challenging role that will provide exposure to financial & management accounting, business partnering and lots of process improvement. The business partnering element is crucial, and the right person for the role will be confident and not afraid to support operations with financial information. With a new Senior team in place the business is going through a period of change that will provide plenty of opportunities to move away from business as usual and get involved in variety of projects.
The role will be seen as the no.2 to the Financial Controller and will provide a platform to develop the skillset needed to step into a senior role in the future. As the role progresses, line management will become available and opportunities to improve the finance team communicates to the business.
- Prepare the group's statutory financial statements under UK GAAP, including group consolidation requirements and lead the annual external audit.
- Project manage the delivery of the annual strategic planning and budgeting processes, coordinating with key stakeholders and finance colleagues.
- Lead and manage key areas of the month end close process alongside finance colleagues including co-ordination and submission of group reporting requirements.
- Prepare the group's quarterly VAT returns in line with HMRC requirements including making tax digital.
- Identify opportunities for, lead and manage the enhancement of business processes and the development of new financial reporting requirements and KPI's to ensure the accuracy and completeness of monthly and quarterly regulatory reporting.
- Lead and manage the improvement of the group's working capital, cash flow forecasting including forex forecasting in conjunction with the Assistant Accountant
- Collaborate with a range of department heads and key personnel across the business and provide support to all members of the finance team in peak trading periods and absences.