Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £45000 per annum + Pension, PHC, negotiable
5 months ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head Office Accountant, or Financial Accountant, to join a successful global PLC, with a UK turnover of c£75m, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. This is an excellent time to be joining the business as they continue to grow and take market share worldwide, staying at the forefront of technology.
The Head Office Accountant will look after all accounting and finance activities within the Head Office, including:
- Production of monthly financial accounts pack including a profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow on a timely basis.
- Production of variance report with commentary, capital expenditure reporting and bad debt review.
- Support the group financial accountant with month end management reporting for review.
- Monitoring of AP/AR ledgers and ensuring their effective administration.
- Responsible for loading accounts data into Cognos and undertaking reconciliations to ensure accuracy.
- Completion of monthly VAT returns.
- Production of cash forecasts.
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting.
- Production of year-end financial statements at subsidiary level in line with FRS 102.
- Production of year-end audit packs and liaison with external auditors.
- Production of tax packs and liaison with tax advisors.
- Review of annual tax computation.
The Head Office Accountant we seek will be a finalist or qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), either straight from Practice, or from Industry with proven financial accounting experience. We seek a Financial Accountant who is timely, accurate, and diligent; who can work autonomously yet part of a larger team. Your communication skills, both written and verbal, must be excellent; you will have good MS Excel experience, and good solid technical statutory accounts knowledge.
The package on offer for the Head Office Accountant role in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, is a base salary of between £40,000 - £45,000 (dependant on experience), plus a defined contribution pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, free parking, career progression, and other flexible benefits that will financially enhance your overall package.
To apply for the Head Office Accountant role, please apply with your most recent CV to this advert at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
Please note, this Head Office Accountant role is based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, and is also easily commutable from Chesterfield, Matlock, the Peak District in North Derbyshire; Worksop, Mansfield, North Nottinghamshire; Rotherham and Doncaster areas.