Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + 25% Bonus
5 months ago
Head Office Accountant - Birmingham - 50k
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a PLC who are based in Central Birmingham and looking for a recently Qualified Head Office Accountant to join the team. The offices are located within walking distance of New St & Snow Hill Station and the finance team consists of circa 20 people. The environment is fairly laid back and would suit an individual who is self-motivated, enjoys socialising but also has the ambition and drive to progress their career.
The role available is really varied and will include management and statutory accounts, supporting with group reporting and looking at more commercial tasks e.g. Analysis, M&A and business partnering.
Package on offer:
- £45,000 - £50,000
- Private Medical
- Central Birmingham Offices with limited travel
- Senior accountant responsible for maintaining the accounting records of certain of the Group's central finance and UK head office companies and delivery of associated monthly Group reporting requirements, including the inter-company matching processes.
- Primary responsibility for the reporting interaction with Group Treasury including, but not limited to; active participation in defining and designing acceptable and appropriate accounting outputs and controls for head office companies, input of derivative instruments for payment and reconciliation of balance accounts.
- Preparation of the UK statutory financial statements for the central finance and head office companies, including timetabling, production of sign off guidance for statutory directors and co-ordination with the Group's external auditors.
- Key contribution to the Group's (UK and overseas) annual Group budget interest, cashflow and net debt guidance and submissions including reporting and presentation to senior Group management including the Group Treasurer.
- Preparation of daily cash reports for the Group including variance analysis to budget and prior forecasts.
- Preparation of annual Group budget and monthly forecast submissions for certain of the Group's central finance and UK head office companies.
- Reporting analysis role: Assisting in the preparation of; weekly sales reporting, monthly financial reports, ad hoc schedules and capital expenditure tracking for the Group. Support the processes for statutory consolidations re interim/annual results in accordance with IFRS and Stock Exchange listing requirements.