My client, an exciting, high-growth, online, retail business based in the West Midlands, is looking to recruit a Head of Retail (National Account Manager).
A market leader in their field, my client operations both in the UK and internationally. A strong brand in health, well-being and beauty space - they are an on exciting growth journey. Developing a clear retail sales channel is a the pillar of their expansion plan.
The Head of Retail will have responsibility for developing the retail business with National and International retailers and distributors. Working in this role will require a highly skilled influencer that is able to build fully integrated plans with retailers born from consumer insight and category knowledge.
Key Responsibilities for this Head of Retail role:
- Contribute to the commercial vision by sharing account perspective, risks and opportunities.
- Support building a retailer specific development plan, and a compelling story to get
retailer buying in.
- Execute the Account negotiations and plan adaptation when needed.
- Build customer intelligence and strong network with key stakeholders.
- Working with current and prospective partners to build comprehensive plans, including trade marketing and digital marketing, to drive awareness of AC and to deliver sustained growth for the business
- Drive listings of new product launches in our current and future accounts to increase
- brand presence and rate of sale
- Working collaboratively with Operations and Marketing in the development of new products based on retailer feedback
The ideal candidate for this Head of Retail role will possess the following skills/expertise:
- Proven work experience as a National Account Manager or Sales Manager in health, beauty, wellness or broader FMCG
- Proficient in bricks and mortar but with an understanding of e-commerce channels
- Demonstrable negotiation experience
- Strong ability to build and maintain successful relationships with key partners
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics
- Hands on experience building and managing a P&L
Highly competitive package
Hybrid working pattern. Two days per week in the office, therefore candidates from outside the Midlands are encouraged to apply.