car, bonus, pension
about 1 month ago
Our client has grown to become a leading owner and operator of road and rail freight logistics services. As a highly established and progressive organisation they are in a position of strength, even in the during of these uncertain times, with a robust and growing business now poised for further growth in the European marketplace.
You have the unique opportunity join this business as Head of Rail Operational Safety where you will lead the safety of safety critical rail operations while supporting and collaborating on broader Health, Safety, Security and Environment matters as part of a diverse national HSSE team. This is a remote based role and as such can be based from anywhere in the United Kingdom.
- The Head of Rail Operational Safety will lead by controlling, directing and managing safety assurance and compliance interests of our clients' rail operations.
- Enable continuous improvement in rail operational safety performance, compliance, assurance and support towards the shared goal of Zero injuries.
- Lead creation, development and implementation of world-class risk management and rail operations procedures across rail service platforms.
- Ensure through effective management that investigations are transparent and fair, providing final approval of investigations into accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Support Group Security responsibilities and the execution of the SMS audit plan across platforms.
- Lead improvement initiatives, projects and appraisals within business operations
- Lead and collaborate across the business to maximise overall effectiveness of the HSSE function.
- Lead responsibility for deciding the overall strategy and delivery for the training and assessment for safety critical staff within rail operations.
- Lead in the management of reporting requirements.
- As Head of Rail Operational Safety you will direct rail operational safety experience and subject matter expertise within regulatory requirements for railway operations.
- Specialist rail platform operational experience.
- Experience working with regulators and industry bodies.
- Senior level track record of success in senior level safety management role, ideally within road/ rail freight logistics.
- Articulate, dynamic, insightful and influential able to act at a strategic and operational level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- The ability to build healthy working relationships whilst also being independent.
- Strong corporate affiliation - always put the needs of the company first.
- Drive, Energy and Enthusiasm to attack goals and objectives.
- High Standards, Integrity, Openness and leads by example
On offer to the successful Head of Rail Operational Safety is a highly competitive base salary, car package, annual bonus and rail industry pension. This is a huge opportunity to join an already very successful group who are poised from further growth.