2 months ago
Head Of Property (Property management experience required)
I am recruiting for a one of the largest family owned quick service restaurant operators in the UK. In addition, my client own and operate fully serviced Boutique hotels as well as a commercial and residential property portfolio.
I am recruiting for a Head of Property required to manage the company's privately-owned property portfolio predominantly in North West & Central London which comprises of circa 250 properties (HMO's, self-contained flats, houses and commercial property).
- Supporting the team to ensure tenants satisfaction and a compliant property management service
- A good understanding of property maintenance and overseeing in house contractors, as well as third party contractors
- Lettings, management and a clear understanding of Assured Shorthold Tenancies
- Maximising rental income and ensuring voids are kept to a minimum and mitigating rent arrears
- Dealing with adhoc problems and unforeseeable situations
- Property management software packages (Focus)
- Planning routine and reactive maintenance
- Carrying out property inspections both planned and adhoc
- Carrying out evictions and dealing with both the County Court and Bailiffs where necessary
- Ensuring properties are well maintained and costs are well controlled
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Handling complaints and providing solutions
- Familiar with local authority licencing requirements
The ideal candidate will have experience working for a large property company / Landlord assisting in managing their property portfolio and be experienced with HMO's. This role is for someone who is passionate and thrives in a fast paced environment acting like the owner of the business and effectively stepping into the shoes of the Landlord.
To apply for this position, a full valid driving licence as well, as a minimum of 5 years prior property management experience is essential. The hours will be Monday - Friday 9am-6pm, with the occasional weekends, as per business needs.