Gleeson Recruitment Group have recently been briefed on a fantastic opportunity for an Experience Head of Programmes to join a leading Midlands based business to support their programme team and have a real focus on driving forward the businesses application transformation journey.
This role will be a hybrid based role with 1 day a week on site in the Midlands and the rest from home. On top of the base salary their will be a car allowance + 15% OT bonus.
About the role
This is a key role within the Change Management team for Identifying, planning and coordinating a set of related projects and activities in support of specific business strategies and objectives (a Programme).
- Accountable for the successful delivery of key change programmes affecting multiple areas of the business.
- Leading and influencing a number of project teams from within the business (PMs, BAs, Architects, Developers, Testers, Business SMEs) and externally (3rd parties) to deliver business and / or technical initiatives.
- Accountable for guiding the team in the resolution of project issues and constraints to ensure the programme goals are achieved to time / cost / quality.
- Accountable for managing and communicating the fundamental elements of the programme (scope, plan, resource requirements, budgets, risks, issues and quality).
- Managing the communication with key stakeholders to ensure the programme status is well understood and accepted (at Senior Management / Executive level).
- Leads the team in navigating the businesses Governance arrangements and quality assurance of all projects delivered against these.
- Drives the transition of the programme outcomes into Business as Usual, often across multiple functions, orchestrating and influencing the acceptance and adoption of change solutions across many business areas (addressing the readiness of users and technology transition).
Reward & Benefits
- Accountable for delivering within the agreed Programme budget and controlling changes to the budget. Ensuring that Financial Management takes place to re-forecast and manage actuals.
- Driving the teams in identifying and monitoring programme risks, planning and implementing mitigating actions.
- Developing, updating and managing resource allocation for the Programme.
- Engaging regularly with resource owners to ensure the right skills are in place for delivery.
- Lead the business in preparation, gaining approval, refining and updating business cases for initiatives aligned to the programme.
- To justify the initiation and / or continuation of the programmes in terms of benefits, costs and risks.
- To lead, motivate and co-ordinate the Project Managers and their matrix teams to meet Programme objectives.
- To sponsor the agile way of working, where appropriate, and ensure the team's processes and practises align to this.
- Working with the Portfolio Lead to ensure dependencies (in / out) of the Programme are understood and actively managed.
- To collaboratively work with key stakeholder teams within the business (IT & Business)
- To act as a delegate for the area Director as required
- Agreeing contracts for the provision of goods and / or services
- To support the financial year forecasting and funding justifications (business cases)
- Ensure quality output is provided for consolidated portfolio reporting.
- Engaging wider Change Management leads to identifying opportunities to share knowledge / skill. To drive a culture of continuous improvement