about 1 month ago
Head of Product Development
Gleeson Recruitment have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Head of Product Development for a DIY & Trade based company in the West Midlands.
The role is a newly created Senior Management position with the opportunity to create an exciting Product Development pipeline for the future.
We are looking for an experienced Product Developer who wants to truly own this role and take ownership of the product development function, the product innovation pipeline and specifications for all products
Working with an ambitious team the Head Of Product Development look to innovate the product portfolio for this well known brand.
The candidate will take the end user insight and innovation and deliver it to the end user by way of key retail customers in the UK and internationally.
If you have a proven track record developing innovative customer products and the manufacturing process - this could be the perfect role for you!
- To take ownership of the Product Development function, the product innovation pipeline & specifications for all products.
- To introduce innovation into painting tool products through design, new materials & working with internal departments, external agencies & designers
- Ensure that all products & specifications remain appropriate for the performance that they were designed for throughout their life cycle.
The candidate will
- be someone who embeds themselves within the business and really immerses themselves in the products to really drive consumer benefits.
- have a proven track record in developing and implementing a product pipeline
- have a demonstrable background of successful project management
- have a high level of understanding of consumer needs
- be up to date with creative and developmental techniques
- work alongside procurement and our factories to ensure products are made to the correct specifications & to agreed costs ensuring the ranges are commercially sound
- a proven track record of working with external agencies to deliver projects on time and within agreed budgets
- be able to inspire and develop a team
- be experienced in managing budgets