Are you a Head of Procurement with strong indirects experience? How would you like to be responsible for setting up and growing your own procurement function? If so please read on as this role could be perfect for you.
Based in Birmingham, this is a working for part of a well established organisation that continued to recruit throughout the pandemic . There is genuine opportunity to make this role your own and make a real difference within this organisation.
The Head of Procurement will focus on ensuring that the function optimises the value from spend with suppliers. You will also set strategy and vision for the department whilst establishing strong relationships with stakeholders. You will manage key spend categories, create and implement strategies and demonstrate best practice.
You will establish and maintain procurement and vendor management practices, and you will build trusted partnerships with suppliers. Relationship building is key - you will partner with internal stakeholders to ensure that procurement is involved in projects from the outset.
You will have a strong track record in delivering in outsourced contracts and will also have strong experience in general indirects.
In order to carry out this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- A working knowledge and strong understanding of the principles of category management
- A proven track record of effective stakeholder engagement and influencing
- A business partnering approach
- Previous experience of indirect procurement
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A results driven and customer focused outlook
- MCIPS is desirable
In return you will receive a salary of circa £70,000 to £85,000 depending on experience + benefits.