Birmingham, West Midlands
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Car & Bonus
about 1 month ago
Head of Planning & Strategy - £75 - 80k + Car & Bonus - Birmingham
Gleeson Recruitment Group is recruiting for an International manufacturing business to recruit a Head of Planning & Strategy to support the Finance Director in managing all strategic projects and long-range financial planning.
The business has seen significant change the past few years and is looking for a talented Accountant to join and support their continued growth. With a huge International presence, the Head of Planning & Strategy will work closely with the Regional Finance Directors to develop and regularly update the long range & medium range plans, to ensure overall financial projects are well understood and plans are in place to deliver the planned revenue and growth.
The Head of Planning & Strategy in Birmingham responsibilities will include:
- Business partner Operational Directors.
- Provide financial management support to all projects including, footprint optimisation, smart automation and engineering.
- Work closely with Project Managers on the change register for each project and communicate with the leadership team to ensure it reflects latest understanding.
- Work closely with other business areas to triangulate other non-footprint related initiatives to ensure savings are visible.
- Challenge appropriately at a regional level when Budget/Forecast commitments are missed and implement corrective actions.
- Provide the link between commercial finance and specific business units to understand and interpret the impact on the company's financial performance.
- Responsible for developing the 5-year plan
- Work alongside the Finance Director on organisational design, specifically regarding the future design of the organisation and wider group.
Is the Head of Planning & Strategy in Birmingham role right for me?
The role needs an ambitious individual who has demonstrated continuous career progression, and a wealth of knowledge within a automotive, aerospace or manufacturing environment. Business partnering is a crucial part of the role and the future incumbent will need to be confident partnering at Director level. International travel will be needed on an ad hoc basis.
Head of Planning & Strategy in Birmingham Package:
- £75,000 - £80,000
- Up to 40% Bonus
- Car Allowance
- 25 days Holiday