West Midlands, England
about 1 month ago
Head of Planning - Operations / Supply Chain / Logistics / - Midlands
We are looking for a Head of Planning with a strong background in Operations, Supply Chain and/or a Materials Management function for a Birmingham based organisation who melt and refine ingot and slab and manufacture mill products for the Aerospace, Automotive and Energy sectors.
As the Head of Planning, you will be responsible for multisite collaboration with senior leaders of Sales, Finance and Plant Operations to develop and implement effective end to end supply chain plans to deliver the business revenue and EBIT commitments.
The Head of Planning will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development, communication and implementation of an effective SIOP process for the UK business.
- Develop and analyse appropriate internal business KPI's, and subsequent action plans to achieve world class performance.
- Develop and implement a standardised planning system that encompasses the entire UK value stream.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory management, including raw materials, WIP, stock and finished goods. Particular ownership of "slow moving" items and their resolution.
- Responsible for developing the lowest possible cost production routes, in conjunction with Operations Management and CI teams.
- Develop, track, and analyse key business KPI's for UK mills and Service Centre.
- Responsible for the deployment of compnay's standards in the workplace, including 6s, HSE and HR policies and guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or equivalent experience
- Experience in Operations, Supply Chain and/or Material Management functions.
- Strong management skills and able to lead from the front
- APICS Certification or equivalent (not essential but would advatageous)
- Good understanding of SAP
- Demonstrable experience in demand planning, SIOP, Customer Service, Quality, Logistics and factory management systems
- An in-depth knowledge of Supply Chain Management trends and tools
- Proven record of working within a business transformation environment.
The Head of Planning role will in return will deliver a strong benefits package combined with a highly competitive salary.
If you would like to know more, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 0121 752 9921 / 07527257851 or email