£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + + 12% bonus + 25 days hols
about 2 months ago
Head of Payroll - UK Fully remote
UK based role
£70,000 - £80,000 + 8-12% bonus per year + 25 days holiday + pension + flexible benefits
We are delighted to be working with a rapidly growing, highly successful, International business services / solutions client, and this Head of Payroll role will be fully remotely - but you must be based in the UK. You will be working for one of the fastest growing start up companies in Europe that have been established for over 10 years and exceeding expectations on their results year on year...
The business offer remote and flexible working - so self-motivation and ability to work autonomously is a must!
The Head of Payroll role:
We are seeking to source a Head of Payroll for their expanding UK team, that oversee all Payroll and Invoicing functions. You will be managing the Payroll team of 20 (with 4 Team Leaders reporting into you) and you must also be able to understand and review payroll data, analyse reports and also always seeking to improving the overall performance - focused on scalability and efficiency. This is more of a strategic/commercial Head of Payroll role, rather than a traditional Payroll Manager role.
- To lead the Payroll & Invoicing Teams for the UK functions
- Continually define and maintain the structure of the Payroll team and increase the department where ever needed
- Continuously improve on the processes and the tools required, working closely with Finance, HR, Operations and Sales teams bringing up the best results
- Ensure all of the regulatory compliance of all of the payroll related activities is adhered to
- Develop and maintain documentation for Payroll procedures and internal controls
- Proactively work with all of the internal business partners to censure their data and reporting needs are being achieved
- Work closely with the key clients to improve the service and the operational processes
- Make decisions and implement solutions based on your findings
The successful Head of Payroll will ideally offer the following profile:
- Potentially a Degree in any relevant area: Human Resources, Economics, Business, or Finance etc
- Significant working experience, gained either directly with Payroll processes or Operations Management
- Experience with managing teams and implementing change and continuous improvement plans
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and a deep understanding of graphs and visuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate and business partner effectively with all different levels of management, as well as the business and technical communities
- Be a self-starter with a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to structure complex problems and to develop creative reporting solutions
- Excellent compliance and payroll knowledge
- Strong organisational skills to plan and prioritise workloads and to manage a broad range of tasks
- Ideally you will be a creative and strategic thinking necessary to master both the daily hands-on analysis and the big picture reporting strategy
- Potentially you may be CIPP qualified
- Experience in working in a fast growing tech business or recruitment business
- The ability to engage directly with multiple people, accounts and partners, representing the business and to build solid relationships with multiple levels of stakeholders across the business
- Long term career opportunities in the wider business for all locals and Internationally if wanted
- A global team formed by dynamic, highly skilled, and ambitious people.
- 26 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Salary sacrifice Pension scheme
- Gym memberships
- Employee Assistance Program
- Study support if required
- 8-12% annual bonus
- Flexible benefits
Please do get in touch for additional information for this superb newly created role. My client can offer a fully remote opportunity for this role - but you must be a UK resident with recent UK experience.
My client is also happy to wait 3 months or a longer notice period for the right candidate who can display the right commercial/strategic payroll knowledge.