Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £60000.00 per annum
20 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting one of our largest clients in the recruitment of a Head of Payroll Reporting on a 12 month FTC. This is a key role reporting into the Corporate Controller with responsibility for Payroll accounting and reporting for the UK. The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that there are robust controls in place across the end-to-end payroll process such that relevant transactions are recorded and reported within the financial systems per the reporting time line.
- Lead Payroll assurance activities to design, implement and maintain robust controls which ensure that payroll related costs are complete and accurate;
- Ensure payroll and payroll related costs are accurately recorded in the management accounts and in line with the Group's accounting policy and compliant applicable standards;
- Work with Finance Business Partners and business leads to ensure month end results are in line with expectations;
- In conjunction with the Finance Business Partners perform analytical reviews of payroll related costs to ensure variances by customer and product to budget, prior year and run rate are understood, documented and any corrective actions identified;
- Provide clear commentary on payroll related costs for monthly review packs;
- Establish KPI's around payroll assurance;
- Be the lead for monthly management reporting for all payroll related costs;
- Perform monthly reviews of assigned balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assist with audit queries; and
- Manage a small team
Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA), with a minimum of 5 years PQE.
- A team player with experience of working in a SSC would be an advantage.
- Must have a good understanding of UK pay and payroll related accounting.
- Proficient in managing large data sets.
- Experience of designing and delivering process improvements required.
- Experience of providing services to multi-site and multi service businesses essential.
- Great Plains experience preferable but not essential.
This role offers hybrid working and they are looking for someone who is available to start in the next month. If you are interested in this role please click apply