Birmingham, West Midlands
£65000 - £70000 per annum + Car Allowance, plus 10% bonus and benefits
6 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to appoint a Head of Payroll for our client based in Birmingham City Centre.
This role would be suitable for an experienced individual who is confident in liaising with internal and stakeholders. You must have previously managed a team and will be looking for your next opportunity.
- Overall responsible for structuring and managing an accurate and timely payroll function for the UK.
- Responsible for the governance and regulatory compliance of end to end payroll processes.
- Manage an in house team of 9 payrollers who support the delivery of payrolls and responsible for the commercial relationship and service performance of our outsourced payroll partner
- Responsible for regularly reviewing, maintaining and updating processes and procedures to comply with best practice
- Audit and quality control requirements such as those required for SOX compliance
- Ensure all payroll data is processed correctly and employees are paid timely, accurately and in accordance with their terms and conditions of pay
- Execute HMRC Statutory reporting in respect of Real Time Information, Full Payment Submissions, Employer Payment Summary and End of Year Updates
- Perform Auto Enrolment processes in accordance with Pension Regulator Legislation
- Maintain the SAP payroll system to ensure employees are paid in line with Company Policies and Statutory Legislation and the System is fully protected
- Provide support and advice to business in respect all payroll related matters and ensure PAYE is operated appropriately
- 5-10 years' experience in managing multiple payrolls in a unionised environment
- Exposure & understanding of share option schemes, auto-enrolment, treatment of staff expenses and other bespoke areas of payroll
- Knowledge of Workday is preferred
- Exceptionally strong leadership skills with clear demonstrable evidence of leading, engaging and developing people
- Ability to build positive relationships within Finance and HR and across business segments supported
- Open to new and innovative ways of working
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of customers and their needs and delivers on promises made
- Ability to drive change - people, processes, systems
- Experience and ability to continually drive process improvement whilst maintaining a secure control environment
This role will be paying £65k plus car allowance and 10% bonus. Excellent benefits provided.
Please get in contact asap to discuss.