West Midlands, England
£80000 - £90000 per annum
6 months ago
Head of Operations Strategy & Cost Reduction - Aerospace Manufacturing - West Midlands
We are working exclusively with a Global Aerospace Manufacturing organisation based in the West Midlands for a Head of Operations Strategy and Cost Reduction, to execute the company's long-term plan focused on cost lightening.
The Head of Operations Strategy & Cost Reduction will be a highly visible role reporting into the Value Stream Director, forming part of the senior leadership team. The incumbent will operate as a senior manager within the value stream defining, agreeing, and executing the value stream's long range plan (LRP), whereby you shall partner with key functional leaders to develop and support the businesses commodity, capability, and technology strategies.
As the Head of Operations Strategy & Cost Reduction you will have the following accountabilities:
- Define, agree and execute Value Stream Cost Reduction LRP road map
- Partnering with key Actuation Functional Leaders in the development of supporting commodity, technology & capability strategies
- Develop robust business cases identifying Footprint, Supply Chain and Value Engineering based projects
- Working with the operations team in constructing and delivering productivity targets, including the development of detailed Productivity Improvement Plans (PIP's)
- Management of operational cost centre budgets
- Implement and develop control mechanisms to monitor and deliver projects in line with business cases
- Review, manage and report financial and operational performance on projects and platforms
- Champion projects as part of wider Integrated Project Teams (IPT's)
- Collaborate with Actuation Cost Reduction and Operational Excellence Teams
- Working closely with Value Stream Director to develop culture of cost reduction
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Skilled communicator and comfortable presenting at a senior level
- Ability to work at both the strategic and tactical level
- Results orientated professional with the ability to work to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Collaborates to form and maintain good relationships both internally and externally
- Commercial and financial astute
- Good project management skills
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation
- Willingness to travel, work flexible hours and support communication across different time zones.
Salary & Benefits:
The Head of Operations Strategy & Cost Reduction will command a highly competitive salary supported by a superior benefits package to include private health and dental care, car allowance and bonus structure.
If you would like to know more, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 07527257851 - Email
#LI-NC1 / GleeEMPS