Head of Operational Finance
£70000.00 - £80000 per annum
10 months ago
Overview - Head of Operational Finance
Gleeson Recruitment Group are very pleased to be supporting a leading Real Estate business with the recruitment for a Head of Operational Finance, based in Birmingham.
This is a great time to join a business who are undergoing some significant investment on long term projects that will have a huge impact on the wider business, in terms of growth and presence.
As the Head of Operational Finance you will be responsible for providing financial leadership in order to achieve strategic and operational goals - through the provision and development of management information, reporting and processes which support the Board in their decision making.
You will also be responsible for controlling finance in these critical business areas, ensuring the integrity and quality of financial and management reporting, complying with the Groups reporting requirements and governance policies at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all books and financial records and maintaining strong financial controls and compliance with group financial policies for your businesses
- Maximise the profitability through a deep understanding and appropriate communication of the profitability drivers
- Actively manage cash to optimise bank balance, focusing on working capital.
- Responsible for preparation of budgets & forecasts
- Preparation of financial reports covering weekly & monthly information in-line with accounting standards and accounting policies. Prompt submission of reports to senior management
- Provision of commercial support and business information to meet internal customer demands
- Drive change in the ways of working to fully utilise systems, enabling quicker, better decision making
- To continually review and challenge the measures to ensure accuracy and continuing relevance
- Identify risk and opportunities to successful programme and project delivery.
- Identify areas to maximise tax benefits, control financial risk exposure levels.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant with minimum 5 years post qualification experience
- Business experience with Capital control; working capital control
- Commercial acumen
- Highly numerate, with the ability to translate and present complex financial information in a meaningful way to non-financial colleagues
- Good Excel knowledge and used to working with non-system data and MI
- Proven experience of procurement, contract administration, change control and supply chain management.
- Support and identify options appraisals.