Head of Operational Finance - Warwickshire - 75k - 85k + Bonus
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a large service provider in Warwickshire to recruit a Head of Operational Finance to lead all operational finance service lines as part of the Leadership team; Purchase to Pay ("P2P"), Order to Cash ("O2C"), Banking. This position is responsible for ensuring that financial processes are efficient and compliant, monitoring and reviewing all financial processes and driving change to deliver improvements, ensuring robust controls, processes and service levels are in place for key operational finance activities.
The business is undergoing a transformation to re-establish itself as a quality provider of efficient and effective services which will see the creation of a new head office and finance team. The Head of Operational Finance will be tasked with leading the overhaul of the end-to-end transactional processes to deliver a quality service to internal stake holders and external suppliers. This is role presents a unique opportunity to lead the transformation and contribute to the wider business services journey. The role will have 7 direct reports in the UK with a wider team of 10 supporting and an offshore team of 45.
The right person for the role will have a wealth of experience within a shared service environment and comfortable leading a large team with knowledge of all aspects of P2P and O2C, including process delivery, technology enablement and user interaction. A transformational mindset will be key with an eye for continual improvement with a creative and innovative ideas to deliver measurable improvements. SOX knowledge will be beneficial and previous experience challenging and influencing senior management. In return, the organisation is offering a leadership role with the opportunity to influence the strategic direction of the new organisation.
The Head of Operational Finance responsibilities will include:
- Overall accountability for the delivery of Transactional Procurement services within the Purchase to Pay end to end business process to internal customers and external suppliers
- Overall accountability for the delivery of Accounts Payable services within the Purchase to Pay end to end business process. Ensuring that suppliers are paid on time in accordance with contractual Ts&Cs.
- Overall accountability in providing a comprehensive financial credit risk, security, cash collection and debt management service on behalf of the business
- Responsibility of overseeing the controls and their effective design and operation within the operational finance areas (P2P, Banking and O2C).
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance operational efficiency through the implementation of best practice, drawing on external sources and internal references in order to drive increased value for the business.
- Responsible for managing the relationships with a number of major stakeholders, developing positive relationships, ensuring that service and process objectives are agreed and that performance managed effectively to a standard at which stakeholders are willing to promote the operational finance team.
- Build, develop and lead a high performing and technically capable operational finance team, including the delivery from our 3rd party partners
- Support in the design and delivery of all major change programmes impacting Operational Finance
Package on offer
- £75,000 - £85,000
- 30% Bonus
- Double matched pension
- Private Medical
- Hybrid working (2/3 days)