£85000 - £95000 per annum + Bonus
5 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are exclusively supporting one of the most exciting UK Tech companies based in Cambridge to recruit a Head of Operational Accounting.
The purpose of the role is oversee the financial accounting team and to ensure that management accounting is produced on time with robust controls in place, and to ensure all audits for group accounts are completed on a timely basis.
The business has been unaffected by COVID and is showing no signs of slowing down its aggressive growth strategy, which has seen them win multiple lucrative contracts to ensure revenue for years ahead. They are now seen as a major player within the tech space and will likely double their turnover in the coming years.
Day to day is going to be fast paced, with lots of change and will need characters who are constantly seeking improvements with ambitions of developing their career within a listed organisation. The business is not afraid of promoting from within and will reward high performers with on the job development, and opportunities to expand their experience across the finance function.
The right person for the Head Of Operational Accounting will need to be ACA Qualified and trained in a big 4 practice firm, with at least 5 years of Industry experience gained within a International group. Line management experience is an advantage.
Head of Operational Accounting responsibilities:
- To oversee all monthly processes affecting the general ledgers for the group and its subsidiaries, currently 15 entities but growing. Ensuring that appropriate monthly reconciliations, reviews and journals are processed on a timely basis to ensure a faster close period.
- Overseeing the processing of complex accounting areas such as IFRS 15 Revenue, IFRS 16 Capitalised Leases and IFRS 2 Share based payment charges.
- To oversee the controls and processes around R&D capitalisation and that appropriate records and documentation is in place.
- To produce consolidated accounts to a tight deadline with appropriate controls in place.
- To provide review and analysis of variances to the budget and to be independent in reviewing anomalies and assessing for changes.
- To oversee the relationship with key advisors such as accounting software, auditors, professional advisors and ensure that deliverables are on time and to budget.
- To work with the business partnering functioning on the establishment of all new subsidiaries to ensure compliance with local accounting and audit functions, and to ensure the ongoing delivery to third party suppliers of required documentation.
- To look for ways to further automate processes to bring ongoing efficiencies to the monthly processes.