Birmingham, West Midlands
£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + Benefits
about 2 months ago
I'm recruiting for a Head of IT for forward thinking, cutting edge business based in the heart of Birmingham. This role is a chance for an 'hands on' Head of IT to come on board and transform small and growing IT team, whilst taking the opportunity to make a difference across IT security, services and all round standards.
- Fulfil the role and responsibilities of the Local Information Officer (a formal role within the Group's corporate IT organisational structure)
- Maintain the relationship with Regional Information Officer and Global Corporate IT teams to ensure local initiatives and strategies aligned with Group objectives and
- Be the UK&I representative at relevant regional and global forums to ensure up-to-date corporate knowledge and alignment with Group IT requirements/initiatives.
- Accountable for the timely local implementation of Group-mandated IT projects/ systems/ applications/ initiatives/objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring the Group's corporate governance, policies and procedures are followed for all aspects of local
- Proactively communicate and manage local IT demand requests of the Groups' Corporate IT department.
- Responsible for the local IT strategy development
- Develop a deep understanding of the business, it's processes, people, customers and suppliers, and analyse the requirements of all departments to understand their technology
- Develop and implement a technology roadmap to support the accelerating growth of the local business, ensuring consideration to broader Group IT strategy.
- Define and embed IT performance management KPI's for the IT department and the overall organisation, ensuring that these can be monitored and communicated as required, covering both operational day to day activities as well as strategic plan
- Develop a clear data and analytics strategy for the business to allow the organisation to easily leverage the information. The strategy will include consideration for appropriate data governance and technologies, and be built around the new organisational
- Drive a data first mindset in the organisation and implement technologies to improve the way we work (e.g. Data visualisation tools/techniques, Data- mining capabilities etc).
- Identify and implement best-practice IT service delivery tools and processes to ensure optimised local IT service
- Ensure delivery of IT Services to the UK&I business:
- Ensure adequate and sufficient business and IT-related resources (people, processes, budget and technology) are available to support the UK&I business effectively and at optimal
- Manage the day-to-day operation requirements, as well implementing the building blocks of both corporate and local IT
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with functional areas of the business to truly understand their needs and how best IT can serve their requirements (and enable greater added value/efficiency).
- Oversee the proactive identification, triaging and resolution of IT issues and service-tickets
- Drive Information Security, Data Protection and Data Governance within the business, ensuring that business security and risk exposure is managed and that legislative/contractual information security obligations are
- Proactively manage and optimise the IT department, leveraging the KPI results to help identify areas where improvements can be delivered
- Be the enabler for broader business initiatives/projects in harnessing IT to optimise solutions and
- Embed stakeholder feedback as a key mechanism to improve the IT service delivery and broader technology landscape
- Create an environment which encourages technology innovation while offering opportunities for team members to develop and grow their
- Ensure that Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans are in place and are tested in line with agreed
- Proactively manage the IT budget, providing relevant and transparent reporting
- Lead the delivery of all key technology projects on time and to budget
- Lead the on-time and to-budget implementation of technology projects
- Collaboratively work with the local Project Management Office to ensure technology requirements of all UK business projects are proactively managed and delivered on-time and to
- Ensure appropriate IT project controls and Risk Identification (and management) processes are in
- Proactively identify and report any IT interdependencies into the PMO to ensure that and end-to-end technology requirements are fully understood to the respective project
- Oversee and manage workload, work-flows and resourcing to ensure any technology requirements of projects (or IT stand-alone projects) are run efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Proactively and appropriately manage Change associated with technology, leveraging appropriate practices and approaches are used to ensure the integrity and validation status of systems is
- Provide strong leadership to the IT team, ensuring the structure is supporting the strategic direction as well as optimising the capabilities of the team so that IT delivers a high-quality service across all activities and business
- Drive the local digital skills agenda
- Identify digital skills requirements per function and work with HR and L&D Manager to implement training pathways per
- Work with the L&D manager to identify and create training pathways to bring all employees up to minimum basic level for selected digital
- Work with the business to build digital confidence to empower the business to deliver effectively in their
- Provide direction, guidance and training to all staff on optimisation of
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Proven academics: Degree qualified in technical discipline or equivalent
- IT knowledge/Experience: Proven IT knowledge and experience in a cross-section of areas (I.e. Service Management, Infrastructure etc)
- Experience of managing legacy systems and transitioning to up-to-date platforms
- Proven experience of managing of IT projects, with recognised project management tools and
- Ability to think beyond the technology and understand key business drivers that ensures technology investment will provide value
- Ability to summarise complex technology problems and communicate key information and actions to the Senior Leadership
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent coaching, development, and staff engagement skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Resilient, Self-aware and open to change
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Proven track record of managing and delivering performance excellence
- Hands-on experience with SalesForce
- Experience of Agile software development process
- Knowledge of public cloud solutions (e.g. Azure and AWS)
- Experience with Microsoft's Power suite
- Experience with data visualisation and analytics tools (Tableau or equivalent)
- Experience with data-mining tools and techniques
- Experience with Robotic Process Automation or other automation techniques/tools