My client, a leading technical and business services organisation, are looking for a Head of Internal Communications to join their fast paced and growing team. This role is brand new to the business due to growth and expansion and will play a pivotal part in shaping the company culture, and providing clear engaging communications to circa 2500 employees globally. You will lead a small team and be responsible for defining and delivering the overall internal communications strategy with a focus on building a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires employees.
This role will suit someone who can operate at a strategic level and build relationships with senior stakeholders, but also enjoys being hands on in the delivery when needed.
- Shape and develop an engaging internal communications strategy that supports the current business transformation and growth, ensuring all communications represent the company values and ethos.
- Act as the strategic partner to senior stakeholders across the business, work with them to align key messages, as well as advising and influencing on employee engagement.
- Develop a robust communications plan, ensuring consistency of messages across a diverse audience globally.
- Collaborate with the wider marketing team, ensuring that both the external and internal strategies are aligned and integrated.
- Adapt and contextualise communications and message for a range of employees and audiences.
- Lead the internal communications team, ensuring they have the expertise and necessary resources to execute plans and initiatives effectively.
- Manage the approach to business transformation project and other key initiatives, ensure the plans are in place to really drive business and culture change in a positive way.
- Consider all relevant channels when building internal communications plans including, but not limited to, the intranet, bulletins, newsletters, town halls, events, app and email.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience delivering an internal communications strategy to a global audience.
- Experience working in a complex organisation, with varying audience (field based and office based).
- An exceptional influencer who is able to build and maintain collaborative relationships, whilst being able to drive positive change.
- Be able to prioritise and working in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Ability to build relationships with, and influence senior stakeholders across the business.
- Specific knowledge and experience of online and offline communications techniques.
- Evidence of improved employee engagement outcomes and behavioural change following employee communications activity.
- A passion for improving employee experience, and keeping employees connected and informed.
Highly flexible working.