West Midlands, England
£80000.00 - £100000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
4 months ago
This is a new high-profile opportunity for a Head of Internal Audit in a high-growth technology start up business in the West Midlands.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
One of the region's best tech start-ups. Based in the West Midlands, they are achieving ground-breaking results in their sector. This is an opportunity to join an experienced management team and an industry changing business.
Their truly innovative and disruptive technology could revolutionise the sector and it is attracting significant interest. It has a substantial market opportunity and is poised for further growth.
This is a new position for a Head of Internal Audit and Risk in the West Midlands to join this organisation and establish the function. Reporting to the Group CFO you will be responsible for Internal Audit, across the organisation, including overseas operations and the role will also incorporate risk management throughout the group both at an operational and corporate level.
You will gain exposure to all areas of the business and work proactively to guide and support new initiatives in this ever changing, high- growth business, as well as continually reviewing processes after implementation. You'll need to be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced business.
The work of the function must deliver value to the business whilst also providing Directors with assurance regarding key risks and controls.
Key Accountabilities -
- Develop and implement an Internal Audit strategy, to provide regular review of key policies, procedures, risks, and controls to ascertain and appraise the soundness, adequacy, and application of financial, managerial, and other controls. Develop the resource and competencies needed to implement the strategy and deliver the audit plan
- Provide an overall opinion on the effectiveness of the Governance, Risk and Compliance framework
- Prepare the Internal Audit plan, taking account of the company's risk profile, and manage the delivery and subsequent actions in accordance with relevant professional standards
- Engage with major business change initiatives to confirm that organisational change projects give appropriate consideration to risk and control
- Develop the risk management process and framework. Facilitate regular risk identification, assessment, and reporting process
- Provide a holistic view and review of the risk profile of the business as well as oversight of the risk management process and framework
- Accountable for the delivery of the Company's overarching insurance framework
For this newly created Head of Internal Audit position in the Midlands, successful candidates must have/ be:
- A graduate calibre, ACA/CCA/CIA qualified candidate with substantial post qualification experience
- Must have experience in corporate governance, risk, and internal audit practicing at a senior level
- A proven track record at a senior level in an audit and risk function. Ideally, you will be an experienced Head of Internal Audit, with risk-based audit experience, both in-practice and in an Internal audit department in Industry
- Manufacturing experience post qualification is essential
- Experience of managing Insurance risk highly advantageous
- An experienced leader, with experience of leading and developing audit teams in a dynamic work culture
- Make instant great first impressions with senior management, possessing excellent communication and influencing skills to build relationships globally
- A flexible, hands on approach; able to take on multiple tasks and work on own initiative and with high levels of drive and energy
- Must have the flexibility to travel, including overseas (the equivalent of 1 week/month)
WHAT'S ON OFFER
Six Figure Package
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.