4 months ago
Group FP&A Manager - UK
Following multiple acquisitions, our client has has gone through rapid growth within the last year, as it seeks to cement its position as the number 1 software provider in the UK. Following a recent IPO our client has ambitious plans for the future, as it continues its growth trajectory primarily through an acquisition / integration strategy.
The role context
Following rapid expansion in the UK through acquisition, the business is going through significant transformation across all aspects of the business and the Finance function. We're looking for a bright and agile thinker to play a pivotal role in our strategy of rapid growth through acquisition, as we seek to build out a world class Finance function and partner with the business to ensure delivery of robust planning, decision making and to drive real insight into business performance.
In essence, candidates will be given a blank sheet of paper and, with the support of the FD, be tasked with establishing an FP&A function for the future. The organisation has rapidly expanded over the past 6 months, meaning this is an incredibly exciting time to join.
We're on a very ambitious growth path, so desire and ability to problem solve, with a constant improvement mind set is essential. The role will offer tremendous scope for personal development and opportunity to make a significant impact as we go through our journey of rapid growth.
What will I be doing?
Forecasting, Planning and Budgeting
- Lead the process of partnering with the UK leadership team and Finance colleagues to build a robust 3 statement forecast / budget consolidated medium term model (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow)
- Establish and drive budget accountability and ownership across the business.
- Develop and implement fit for purpose forecasting and reforecasting processes, systems and controls (with appropriate personnel)
- Maintaining Risks and Ops visibility to understand 'rolling' forecast position.
- Support M&A activity as required from a due diligence and integration planning perspective.
- Manage and provide submission of the UK Group Budget pack with appropriate supporting schedules to Global Finance function
Performance reporting and Insight
- Maintain a close relationship with the business to understand and anticipate business performance.
- Play a key role in explaining and converting 'Operational' activity into 'Financial' output - ensuring business leaders understand the key business drivers and metrics.
- Establish, measure and report on key business performance metrics
- Partner with and challenge finance colleagues to ensure robust and insightful month end accounting and reporting, ensuring the numbers are understood and reflect reality.
- Assist the treasury team with cash flow forecasting
- Together with the Financial Controller, develop weekly and monthly Business Performance Management insights and budget variance reporting, incorporating actuals from management reporting and insightful analysis of performance, risks and opportunities
Analysis and Decision support
- Capital and project investment analysis and reviews, business case development and monitoring, working collaboratively and 'Financial' mentoring Operational Heads
- Development and preparation of Board reporting with analysis and commentary on both financial and non-financial measures
- Partner and support the UK Operating team with special Projects and ad hoc analysis to support investments, M&A and other projects as required.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with the UK and Global finance team, to support relevant information sharing and consistent good practice
- Development and mentoring of the wider Finance team.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA accountant with an excellent academic record.
- Strong track record of having managed full budget / forecasting process in a large complex organisation.
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communicator and demonstrable ability to challenge and partner senior leadership
- Ideally experience of working with or in a highly automated high transactional volume business.
- Advanced Excel and IT skills, ideally experience with using ERP systems (Netsuite knowledge is a strong advantage).
- Experience of working within a highly acquisitive environment a plus.