Our client, a global leading business is recruiting an experienced Head of Financial Planning & Analysis. Reporting to the CFO, and operating as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the purpose of this role is to drive the planning cycle for the company - covering P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow.
Success in this role will deliver a true business partnering FP&A team across the UK business, creating a finance function that is built on a strong control ethos which adds value through providing insight to the business and challenging the status-quo.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and build the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Ensure monthly accounts reflect an accurate view of performance.
- Lead the planning cycle (covering P&L, balance sheet, cashflow & liquidity).
- Production of the annual operating plan (Budget) and inter-year re-forecasts.
- Production of the long-range strategic plan which covers a three-year horizon.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business model in order to analyse and influence business strategy.
- Works closely with the CFO and Exec team to develop and implement cash/liquidity stretch plans.
- Takes shared responsibility for strong financial controls and forms part of the senior finance team the shareholders entrust to deliver accurate reporting and strong internal controls.
- Undertake regular balance sheet reviews (together with FD and Head of Financial Accounting) to ensure that the accounts show an accurate financial position for the business.
- High quality Budget / Forecast outputs.
- Forecast accuracy.
- Monthly accounts production.
- Faultless management of Budget / Re-forecast processes.
- All reporting / planning deadlines met
Key Candidate Requirements:
- Strong commercial and analytical focus
- Previous track record driving large scale improvements and change
- A qualified accountant
- Proven leadership qualities