£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + Bonus
25 days ago
Head of Finance Shared Services
Our client is is a global Fin-tech client with a turnover of + £200m. Due to expansion (both organic and through acquisition) a brand new role of a Head of Finance Shared Services is sought for their Berkshire HQ
The Head of Finance Shared Services will be based in their Bracknell office and will report to the Head of Finance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for an established but growing team and act as the lead to define the future scope of the shared service organization within the UK. Partnering across multiple business areas with unique business models whilst supporting and meeting their strategic goals. You will manage and lead the finance shared services.
This includes the production of financial and tax reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial and tax results, manage the cash in coordination with Group Treasury and ensure that reported results comply with local GAAP and international financial reporting standards.
This person will be also manage the AR and the AP team in addition the management accounting team. The right person for this role is enthusiastic about building, developing, and leading a team, understanding different business models, and enjoys partnering across functions.
Lead, develop, and grow a group of finance professionals; ensure adequate resources are available to support key business needs.
- Oversee the operations of the UK Finance Department.
- Ensure accurate group reporting within deadlines.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and ensure an adequate system of controls over accounting transactions is in place.
- Drive the procedures improvement and formalization from orders to cash and inventory transactions, in conjunction with the other department managers.
- Align local financial and accounting procedures with the rest of the Division.
- Oversee the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting and tax requirements.
- Manage the teams' responsibilities and ensure tasks are assigned appropriately.
- Serve as a change agent within the organization and provide leadership as new systems and processes are integrated into the organization.
- Cascading and implementing any directions from the regional lead and effectively communicating all updates.
- Proven record to lead a finance Shared Service or transactional team leadership experience (10 +)
- Strong core accounting and internal control experience
- Track record of partnering with and influencing SLT on strategy and product initiatives. Articulate with conviction with the ability to gain organizational buy-in and effectively accelerate and implement transformation plans
- Self-driven individual with proven track record working in high-growth fast-paced environment and navigates well in global, shared services organization
- Clear, concise oral and written English communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within an organization
- Must have a strong desire to succeed in a very dynamic environment.