Solihull, West Midlands
£70000 - £90000 per annum + Car, Bonus, PHC, DC pension, parking
5 months ago
Fantastic opportunity for a Head of Financial Reporting to join a highly successful and fast-growing multi-site business based in Solihull, West Midlands. This role is a great mix of both technical financial reporting as well as commercial opportunity - there is much M&A activity on the horizon, of which this Head of Financial Reporting role will support.
The Head of Financial Reporting will be responsible for:
- Delivering the end to end Financial Reporting processes (including the preparation of financial statements, returns, dividend declarations and other internal and external financial reporting), ensuring operational efficiency and compliance with internal and external controls.
- Staff Management - a team of 4 - appraisals, development and mentoring.
- Manage and co-ordinate processes by setting accurate timetables, KPI's and guidance to ensure delivery to agreed timescales.
- Deliver UK consolidated reporting, information packs, commentary and respond to ad-hoc requests to support the CFO in providing insights to enable the business to make effective strategic and operational decisions.
- Manage the external audit process.
- Interpreting and communicating complex financial concepts to senior stakeholders.
- Business partnering with subject matter experts in finance and other functions.
- Support the M&A process with due diligence and analysis.
- Maintain accounting policies and manuals and the provision of expert accounting advice.
The successful Head of Financial Reporting will be a fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA), ideally trained within a Big 4 or Top 10 Accountancy Practice, and significant Financial Reporting experience within a large corporate since. We seek an Accountant who is strong technically, yet also commercially orientated, to support the CFO with key strategic decision-making, to drive the business forward through increased profitability as well as strategic acquisitions.
In person we seek an effective people manager with excellent interpersonal skills, someone diligent, timely, and ambitious; someone who can 'see the bigger picture' as well as the intricate detail. Your communication skills will need to be impeccable, both written and verbal.
This Head of Financial Reporting role is attracting a base salary of between £75,000 to £90,000, dependant on previous experience. There is also an achievable 10% bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, and defined contributory pension scheme; plus many other flexible benefits to enhance your package. Career progression is inevitable for the right person, this is a group who actively support ongoing training/ development and internal promotion.
If you are interested in applying for the Head of Financial Reporting role based in Solihull, West Midlands, or want more information, please apply with your most recent CV at your earliest convenience, or feel free to get in touch with me directly via Linked In.
There is free parking on site, and the role is easily accessible from South Birmingham, Warwickshire, Worcestershire and the West Midlands.