£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + Car (£6000), DM Pension & PH
8 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a large energy sector service provider who are going through significant growth and have created several new positions to add real value, resource and infrastructure to the business.
This highly profitable business requires an experienced and qualified (ACA/ACCA/ACMA) Head of Financial Reporting to lead and manage a financial & regulatory reporting specialist team. The role will be based in Warwickshire but there will be continued flexibility to work from home two or three days a week.
You will provide high quality reporting & insight into financial performance for a regulated business and ideally have this experience in your career history.
You will not only be technically astute but also have the commercial acumen to deliver business partnering support to the regulatory delivery team & Finance Business Partners, contributing to negotiations with the regulator.
This an opportunity to lead and develop a team with the ambition of becoming a centre of excellence for technical accounting and financial reporting.
- Lead and manage the relationship with external auditors in respect of Financial and Regulatory audits, ensuring all processes and governance structures are in place across Finance and the Business to support this. Produce and present Audit Committee reports for the executive & operational board.
- Deliver all revenue assurance related activities within the regulatory framework, including the completion of the Revenue Regulatory Reporting Packs.
- Oversee the end-to-end Financial Reporting processes (including the preparation of accounts, returns, dividend declarations and other internal and external financial reporting) including those partially conducted by the service provider, ensuring operational efficiency and compliance with internal and external controls. Oversee the delivery of consolidated reporting, information packs, commentary and respond to ad-hoc requests to support the Financial Controller in providing insights to enable the business to make effective strategic and operational decisions
- Focus on technical accounting queries and accounting project work. e.g. entity separation, IFRS 16 and other new accounting standard implementation accounting policy reviews and judgement papers. Provide technical accounting support to Finance Business Partners and the wider business. Creating a consistent approach to technical accounting judgements and issues across Finance.
- Through a thorough understanding of business levers and all regulatory control mechanisms and models, produce insightful information, analysis and interpretation of financial and regulatory outcomes (including returns, regulatory financial performance, tax and financing performance) for presentation to senior management to support strategic direction discussions and long-term decision making
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance operational efficiency through best practice, and support the delivery of change across Finance, to drive the improvement of long-term business capability
Technical Capabilities and Experience Required:
- Proven ability to adapt style of financial information presentation to suit a range of stakeholders, both financial and non-financial
- Demonstrated Business Partner experience to act as a trusted advisor, using strategic insight and strong stakeholder management skills to deliver tangible performance improvements
- Sound and up to date knowledge of accounting & reporting pronouncements
- Understanding of operating within a regulated business environment, backed with strong commercial acumen
- Clear understanding of governance risk and control
- Ability to lead performance through accountability