Birmingham, West Midlands
£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + Bonus, Pension, PHI
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are delighted to be working with a well-established Birmingham based service sector firm undergoing a period of significant growth. The business in question is the subsidiary of a highly successful international firm but operates autonomously with an energetic and experienced leadership team driving the organisation forward. As the business continues to go from strength to strength, they have taken the opportunity to create a new role and further develop an impressive finance operation as they seek to appoint a Head of Financial Reporting.
Reporting directly to the Chief Finance Officer, you will be responsible for developing the group control environment and leading group reporting. On a monthly basis you will influence key decision making by articulating the wider group performance whilst working closely with the FP&A team to explain any variances in the budget or forecast. You will also have significant opportunities to refine and improve current processes, troubleshooting where necessary to encourage high performance and best practice across the business.
This position has been created to support and improve the infrastructure of the business to facilitate the increase in revenue and headcount. It is quite simply an exceptional opportunity as no.2 in Finance with complete oversight and involvement across an exciting business providing excellent exposure and career development.
The successful candidate will be a qualified (ACA / ACCA / ACMA) technically minded accountant with an excellent working knowledge of IFRS and will have had prior experience working within a larger international or listed group. Naturally, you will be comfortable working within a high growth, fast paced environment. This is a hybrid working position with an expectation to be in the office 2 days per week in Birmingham.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Working closely with the CFO, play a key role in the development and delivery of finance strategies and projects in line with the goals and objective of the business.
- Own the financial control framework to ensure that our controls and processes are appropriate and scalable within a fast-growing business.
- Lead on all monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting including full group consolidation under IFRS
- Develop and lead monthly control packs across all group companies to provide assurance on financial reporting, including IS, B/S & Cash.
- Lead the quarterly spend reviews of overhead departments with the relevant Senior Leadership Team members.
- Lead on Treasury Management to develop more robust cash forecasting processes across the Group to ensure the optimisation of the group working capital cycle. This includes working closely with the Group FP&A team to create long range forecasts and manage funding partners to ensure that working capital requirements are met
- Develop a Procurement function within Finance which is appropriate for the Group, this includes the establishment of a tendering process for contracts over a certain financial level, vendor oversight and the establishment of a tendering process for key contracts
- Own the Finance Risk Register and engage with the wider Finance team to embed a strong focus on Risk Management identifying areas of focus. Work closely with the CFO to understand the businesses risk appetite and design controls to mitigate unacceptable risks.
- Working closely with our professional advisors, take the lead on all UK tax matters and support Global Tax matters where necessary
- Lead on the production of the consolidated Group Statutory Accounts, including supporting the Executive team with report writing and working closely with external auditors on all matters
- Proactively review accounting policies and make recommendations for improvement
- Assist the CFO to ensure that the business adheres to statutory company law, tax and any other statutory requirements
- Ensure high levels of engagement, performance and development within the Finance team, ensuring all team members have clear objectives in line with departmental KPI's and the organisations goals and objectives