Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Head of Financial Reporting for a listed business based in Warwickshire. This is an amazing opportunity to get involved in a fast moving business that rewards and recognises staff to ensure they deliver to the best of their ability. Whilst this role requires a technical background, the most important attributes are strong communication and organisational skills, commercial acumen, a sense of humour and someone who isn't afraid to roll their sleeves up!
You will ideally be ACA or ACCA qualified within a practice setting and will have strong technical accounting knowledge. In return there is a very competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
The successful Head of Financial Reporting will be working for a highly acquisitive business who are growing rapidly and are at the cutting edge in their chosen market. You will be working closely with a talented team of like-minded individuals that you can learn from and will be part of a small but well-formed team who always go the extra mile.
This role will also allow you access to the Senior Management Team and the Board on a daily basis and therefore the ability to engage at this level is critical.
As the Head of Financial Reporting you will be responsible for the internal and external reporting for the Group, compliance with accounting standards and maintenance of appropriate internal controls.
You will on a day to day basis:
- Own the monthly financial close process for the Group consolidation.
- Ensure that appropriate financial controls are in place and are adhered to, including leading the monthly balance sheet reconciliation processes.
- Be the primary contact for the external auditors.
- Preparation and presentation of reports to the audit committee.
- Review and challenge financial submissions from business units, ensuring accuracy and compliance with Group accounting policies.
- Through building internal networks, keep abreast of commercial and operational developments in order to proactively influence and inform business decisions where there is an accounting and/or financial reporting implication.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Financial Controller to ensure seamless interaction between backward and forward looking financial information at all times.
- Partner with relevant internal stakeholders to optimise balance sheet and cash flow positions.
- Support senior finance stakeholders with any ad hoc projects including M&A activity.
- Build value-adding relationships across the business to drive improved financial performance.
As the successful Head of Financial Reporting you will be/have:
- A fully qualified Chartered Accountant with strong academics
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build credible relationships quickly
- An inner confidence and a sense of humour
- Technically astute and naturally curious
- A strong work ethic
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Head of Financial Reporting :
- Base salary of £55k / £65k