Head of Finance - Supply Chain in Birmingham - 80 - 85k + 8k Car & 30% Bonus
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a large organisation to recruit a Head of Finance - Supply Chain to provide insight into the operational performance of the countries manufacturing sites and support the implementation and development of operational initiatives across the business. Specifically, the role will partner the UK Supply Chain Director providing support and challenge through analysis, insight and influencing operational decisions.
The business is a well-known FMCG organisation who work with some of the biggest brands worldwide and can offer multiple routes of progression that include exposure to FP&A, Commercial finance, and plant controller positions.
The role will have 1 direct report (Finance Analyst) to support with the day to day and dotted line management of 4 cluster FBP's. The role is home based (3 days a week) with the other two days either at the Head Office in Birmingham or on a site in the Midlands. This is an exciting opportunity for an Accountant who is likely in a very commercially focused role currently but is eager to progress into a head of role where they can lead on implementing a new operational strategy.
Head of Finance - Supply Chain in Birmingham responsibilities:
- Understand and communicate where and how the business creates value. Relentlessly challenge the business to improve its operational performance and ensure management responds quickly and effectively to any problems or adverse trends.
- Provide financial leadership and support to the UK Operations Team in developing and exploring alternative solutions to strategic issues (e.g. asset utilisation programme, manufacturing footprint, digital development plans, product innovation).
- To support the operational planning process through working with the Operations Business Partners in utilising and developing the S&OP process across the business.
- Ensure that all Clusters and Sites remain focused on controlling operational (conversion) costs. Develop effective tracking mechanisms that focus on key areas of opportunity or risk.
- Challenge and support the UK operational team and Cluster Operations Business Partners to better understand the drivers of productivity and support the development of the overall operational strategy.
- Provide financial leadership and challenge to drive fibre efficiency initiatives across the UK and to provide transparency and consistency of reporting across all Clusters.
- Champion the drive to reduce working capital (stock and payables) across the UK, ensuring the development and execution of plans to deliver agreed targets.
- Work with procurement colleagues to facilitate supplier, category and saving initiatives.
- Co-ordinate and prioritise capital expenditure requirements across the UK, supporting the Supply Chain Director as required in allocating resources effectively, within budget.
- Evaluate material investment appraisals (pre and post investment) to capture learning's
- Work with the Cluster Head of Finance & Commercial to develop the role of Operations Business Partner and support the development of talent within the team.
- Act as a key member of the Country Finance Leadership Team
The right person for the Head of Finance - Supply Chain in Birmingham will be:
ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified with demonstrable experience business partnering at Director level and supporting the creation of the operational strategy. The right person will have experience within a manufacturing or FMCG environment with extensive knowledge of driving cost efficiency's within supply chain, capex experience will also be key alongside demonstrable key achievements that highlight where improvements have been made and the ability to influence.
Head of Finance - Supply Chain Birmingham package:
- £80,0000 - £85,000
- £8,000 Car Allowance
- 30% Bonus
- 3 days per week remote working