West Midlands, England
£100000 - £120000 per annum + Car + Bonus + Benefits
about 1 month ago
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established and growing, international business with a broad customer base. Looking ahead they are forecasting growth both top and bottom line, and this is an opportunity to join a highly experienced management team as the Head of the Finance Shared Service Centre (FSSC). Your ability to drive change and transformation as part of the leadership team will be essential and with the potential to create a broader Finance Services organisation. This is a high-profile group appointment, with opportunity to further your career within an expanding group.
This is a high-profile Head of Finance Shared Service Centre (FSSC) role, located at their offices in the West Midlands and reporting directly to the Group Finance Director. You will be providing day-to-day transactional finance support to the Divisional Finance Director's, as well as the Group Controllership and FP&A teams.
This role is one of transformation and will have significant leadership responsibility. You will be expected to further develop the shared services function and to optimise and develop systems and processes to improve efficiency and information. You will be responsible for driving a culture of continuous improvement within an 'opportunity rich' environment where legacy processes have created inefficiency and process challenges.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of the P2P, O2C and support service teams, with the potential to expand to a broader Finance and Business Services organisation once the transformation is delivered.
- Strong financial management ensuring efficient, accurate and timely processing and recording of transactions and maintaining a high level of financial control and governance.
- Provide focused, innovative, and value-adding management reporting and analysis to the divisions.
- Recruit, Lead, develop and inspire a high-quality FSSC team with the aim to maximise efficiency in the function.
- Establish a high level of credibility and ensure strong working relationships with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure support is maintained for the on-going FSSC service transformation.
- Develop the efficiency and effectiveness of the FSSC function through continuous training, monitoring of relevant metrics and development of the team; challenging processes to eliminate non-value adding tasks.
- Create and maintain process workflow documentation for all areas under FSSC responsibility with ultimate responsibility for accurate accounting records and provide financial reports.
- Work with colleagues to optimise processes at source to eliminate on-going control issues and deliver an improved process environment across the business.
- Evaluate the integration of other functions into the wider shared service environment and also lead on the integration of new acquisitions, as and when required.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects.
The Successful Applicant
For this Head of Finance Shared Service Centre role in the West Midlands you will be an experienced Shared Services lead. Must have a good understanding of what a best-in-class shared services function looks like and have led a turnaround before.
Proven experience in a senior finance shared service role where significant change, transformation and improvement of business performance has been at the core of the role will be essential.
Deep experience of change management in a growing/ transforming organisation. This should include cultural change and successfully taking people with you plus a continuous improvement mindset which gets quick results.
Experienced leader of people - builds, manages, coaches, and develops teams which deliver.
Proven ability to work collaboratively with business operations and commercial teams, ensuring business and financial activity is congruent. Business partnering experience will be essential.
Attention to detail whilst being able to maintain sight of the bigger, strategic picture.
Ideally, deep experience of working in a multi-site, operationally focused business.
What's on Offer
£100k - 120k Basic Salary + Car + Bonus + Benefits
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.