Head of Finance Operations / Finance Manager (sole charge finance role)
This is a truly unique offering to the market, and we are working exclusively with our established UK client, in order to seek an experienced ACCA Qualified Accountant to work closely with the CEO and the wider team. You can really take ownership of this role, be accountable for all of the finance transactions and decisions, and be part of a superb organisation. You will also have the opportunity to process improve, and implement new systems and processes. You therefore will be an innovative, ,personable engaging individual, ready to take on this new challenge.
Our client is a leading trade association representing the interests of a key sector of the UK economy.
We are seeking to recruit for them, an experienced and hands on ACCA qualified accountant to oversee the financial operations of the Association and its associated companies. The successful candidate will also be required to undertake a review of current processes and implement change where necessary.
Based in Central London (after restrictions relax), but home based for the time being, your duties will include:
- Management of forward cash requirements and Treasury deposit investments
- Monitoring investment portfolio performance
- Co-ordinating annual budget process
- Overseeing the smooth running of the Finance Committee, preparing financial reports, agendas and minutes
- Managing the year-end Audit and preparing financial statements for the Association and its associated companies
- Filing of Annual Accounts
- Submitting annual Corporation Tax returns and calculations and quarterly VAT returns, making payments as required
- Payroll submission and reconciliation
- Banking and Payments
- Management of Association and associated companies financial accounts (Sage 50)
- Credit Control
- Management Accounts
- Managing stocks of publications, including delivery and re-order, fulfilling website orders
- Extensive support to the CEO and the wider team, and taking ownership for the full finance operations
- Relevant accounting qualification (preferably ACCA Qualified) to ensure that all annual and monthly financial reporting (internal and external) is completed and performed as and when required.
- Good knowledge of Sage 50
- Advanced Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise
- Analytical skills
- Self-starter with initiative and ability to work without supervision
- Take ownership of work and be able to multi-task with ease
Our client boasts a superb close-knit, experienced and supportive team, very modern offices, and a friendly culture. Benefits include pension, health insurance and gym membership. Please contact me for further details of this super role.
My client can offer video interviews at very short notice and if you are able to start at short notice also, this will be very beneficial!