West Midlands, England
Car, Bonus and Benefits
3 months ago
Head of Finance
- A leading UK PLC trading ahead of expectation and set for strong growth
- A new Head of Finance to help drive a progressive finance strategy
About Our Client
Our client is a UK PLC. As a market leading group they are set for strong growth, and are on track to out-perform expectations this year. They are well positioned to benefit from UK investment trends. The group operate through a number of complementary businesses, each of which is a specialist in its field, and each business is empowered to react quickly to the needs of their markets. With a very strong cash performance, a balance sheet that has been further strengthened, and a high quality and growing order book, they are well set for growth. This is an opportunity to join one of their largest subsidiaries, which also continues to trade strongly.
They are an equal opportunity employer. They celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This is a new and high profile opportunity for a strategically focused Head of Finance at the Divisional Head Office in the West Midlands. This is a critical appointment to help drive a progressive finance strategy, championing the use of management information and technology-led solutions to deliver insights and game changing improvements. Using the latest emerging technology the aim is to drive a further step change in performance and to maintain an industry leading focus.
Reporting directly to the Divisional Finance Director, the role will provide primary support to two of the main divisions, and with transactional support offered to the other business units. For this reason, it represents a great entry position, with exposure across the group and will be critical to future succession planning into a Divisional Finance Director role.
The main focus of the role will be on development projects and continuous improvement in transactional and operational finance, through the use of technology led solutions.
You will be leading, and a creative inspiration to a multi-disciplinary team of 40+ employees who provide core financial processes to the group. Key reports will encompass core finance, financial planning and analysis, purchase ledger, payroll and systems.
You will also be responsible for the project management of a pipeline of system improvement projects across core finance/ reporting, purchase ledger, payroll and HR interfaces.
Supporting most divisions across the group you will be expected to collaborate across various key internal and external stakeholders and developing a customer focused approach. You will need to identify and implement best practice solutions across a number of transactional processing areas and to drive consistency and standardisation where applicable.
Driving change and continuous improvement in core finance processes, you will need to ensure an effective and efficient control environment, and financial information that provides insight and action and supports wider group activities.
You will also be responsible for providing mentoring and support to the wider finance community, identifying and developing succession planning and supporting the development of the finance talent pool.
The Successful Applicant
For this new Head of Finance position in the West Midlands, successful candidates will have/ be
- A graduate calibre qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with significant post qualification experience in leading a finance function
- You must be able to lead and inspire as well as manage people and have the ability to drive a high performance culture
- A balance of finance skills, with the view as potential FD successor is essential
- Previous responsibility for payroll and accounts payable is important and you will need to demonstrate an understanding of a best in class solution for these areas
- Must have diverse systems exposure , with an inquisitive mind into technological developments and a track record of system improvement projects
- Able to understand how finance transactional processing centres operate and what makes them efficient
- Strong project and change management skills and a track record of delivering change and improvement centred around people, process and systems
- Experience of working for a large group, and experience in long term contracting preferred
- The strength of character to challenge whilst being able to do so in a collegiate and considered manner
In post-covid they are implementing adaptable working and a minimum of 2 days in the office will be considered
What's on Offer
A six figure basic salary, car allowance, annual bonus and other attractive benefits