Walsall, West Midlands, W. Midlands, England
£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + pensions, PHC, Bonus
2 months ago
A privately owned £100m turn-over service sector group, which has seen significant growth and change over the last five years with acquisitions and organic growth, is searching for a Qualified Accountant to join them as Head of Finance. This position will pay a salary in the range of £70,000 to £80,000 + company car and bonus.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be the number 1 in Finance in this fast paced, multi-site organisation. You will be responsible for the Finance function of the business through a number of senior staff /managers (c 5), with a total team of 35.
The role will be varied, you'll be a genuine all rounder and able to cover treasury management and credit risk of the Group, oversee Credit control and purchase ledger functions to ensure tight cash control, and ensure weekly and monthly reporting from the finance team is accurate and timely. You'll also be in charge of the development, monitoring, reporting and interpretation of relevant business KPIs and associated systems, manage annual budget and monthly forecasting process, review of costs and looking at potential cost reductions, analyse and make recommendations in relation to margins and profitability, review commercial aspects of Group tenders, manage Personal development of Finance team, and lead relationships with external advisers, including auditors, tax advisors, bankers, lawyers and insurance brokers .
Required Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountant
- Intelligent, hard-working and committed, hungry and highly motivated to succeed
- High attention to detail and able to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Strong, robust personality who can ensure that internal controls are in place and adhered to throughout the business
- Strong technical skills (including modelling) and commercial awareness
- Excellent people and management skills
- High emotional intelligence - ability to work well with the CEO, Chairman & Ops Directors and to communicate effectively with managers
- Leadership and people management experience, has developed finance teams
- Managing of a multi-location business.
To apply for the Head of Finance position in Walsall, please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter (Jamie Carter). We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.