Head of Finance
£100000 - £120000 per annum + Car, Bonus and Benefits
about 1 month ago
About Our Client
Our client is a UK PLC. As a market leading group, they are set for strong growth, and are on track to out-perform expectations again this year. They are well positioned to benefit from UK investment trends. The group operate through several complementary businesses, each of which is a specialist in its field, and each business is empowered to react quickly to the needs of their markets. With a very strong cash performance, a balance sheet that has been further strengthened, and a high quality and growing order book, they are well set for growth. This is an opportunity to join a high growth and profitable business unit within one of their largest divisions, which is set to continue trading strongly.
They are an equal opportunity employer. They celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This is a new and high-profile opportunity for a strategically focused Head of Finance. A number one finance leadership role in a high growth, profitable business unit, in one of the largest divisions of this FTSE client, based from offices in the West Midlands or Central London. You will be responsible for the entire finance function managing a large portfolio of works and a growing team. You will be involved in all aspects of the business.
As the Head of Finance you will report to the Business Unit Managing Director, with a 'dotted' functional reporting line to the Divisional Finance Director. You will support the business in delivering its strategy, ensure financial standards and policies are followed, and effectively lead, and develop the finance function. You will also need to ensure suitable cost control and reporting is in place on contracts and provide an important contribution to the Senior Management Team about future strategy and risk.
Working as part of the leadership team for the business unit, you will form a close partnership with the Business Unit Commercial Director. You will work proactively across all projects and functions to improve performance. You will be expected to provide senior management with relevant financial information and being part of and informing the decision-making process within the business unit.
You will be pivotal in driving a progressive finance strategy, championing the use of management information and technology-led solutions to deliver insights and game changing improvements. The aim is to drive a further step change in performance and to maintain an industry leading focus.
It represents a great entry position to the Group and will be critical to future succession planning into a Divisional Finance Director role.
The Successful Applicant
For this newly created Head of Finance position in the West Midlands/ Central London, successful candidates will have/ be
- A graduate calibre qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with significant post qualification experience in leading a finance function
- Experience from the construction, infrastructure or energy sector is highly desirable
- You must be able to lead and inspire as well as manage people and have the ability to drive a high-performance culture
- Strong IT and digital skills
- A balance of finance skills, with the view as potential FD successor is essential
- Experience of working for a large group, and experience in long-term contracting preferred
- The strength of character to challenge whilst being able to do so in a collegiate and considered manner
- They are flexible on location, spending time between the main office in the West Midlands and London, and also spending time on operational sites as a national business. They will offer a hybrid working arrangement
What's on Offer
£100,000-£120,000 Basic Salary, Car Allowance, Annual Bonus, and Other Attractive Benefits
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.