Head of Finance
£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + car allowance and bonus
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in partnership with a high-growth technology business in Wolverhampton, who are part of a wider group, whose turnover is in excess of £250 million. They have ambitious growth plans and aim to increase this turnover to c.£500 within 4 years, primarily through acquisition. They are looking to add a new Head of Finance to their ranks; a qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) accountant with proven line management experience.
This is an excellent position for an experienced Finance Manager or Financial Controller looking to take a step up, or a Head of Finance looking for a new challenge. There are genuine progression opportunities within this business, and succession planning will be hot on the agenda in the coming years. There will also be opportunities elsewhere within the group in the long term.
- To support the finance team to ensure the delivery of business objectives through the provision and interpretation of key management information, including the production of monthly accounts
- To provide quality information and use this to pro-actively challenge and influence local teams
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting packs for Senior Executive team
- You will also produce financial KPI's and information on business performance
- When and where necessary you will develop the KPI's to match the drivers required to improve the businesses performance
- Management of the transactional team, as well and the Financial Controller, Financial and Management Accountants
- You will strive to continuously improve the efficiency and quality of what we do to support other functions in driving factory efficiencies and reducing site costs.
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) is required
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Interpretation of standard costings and variances
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures and ways of working