Head of Finance
£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + £7k Car, Pension, 30% Bonus, PHI
about 1 year ago
With an incredibly strong international brand and a superb proposition for their respective market our client has committed to significant investment into further developing sustainable solutions for consumer product led industries. This proves to be an exciting time to join a business that is a genuine global leader in the improvement of environmental protection across the global supply chain.
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting this fantastic multi-national firm in the appoint of a qualified and commercially savvy Head of Finance to lead a fast-paced multi-site manufacturing business unit.
The Head of Finance for this business unit is a key member of the UK Finance leadership. The role will lead the division's team and business partner the Managing Director in understanding and driving commercial value and operational excellence across the division.
This is a home-based role that requires 1 - 2 days of travel a week on average across the businesses multi-site operations.
Your role will involve:
- Understand and communicate where and how the business creates value. Relentlessly challenge the business to improve its financial and operational performance and ensure management responds quickly and effectively to problems or adverse trends.
- Develop robust and detailed forecasts reflecting a realistic balance of opportunity and risk. Identify gaps in performance and work with the BU management team to develop mitigating action plans.
- Actively lead the development of value-based pricing in the division ensuring governance over all pricing decisions. Maintain a divisional price tracker that provides full transparency over price changes and total anticipated revenues.
- Actively support and co-ordinate the development of S&OP in the Business Unit - challenge the demand forecast to ensure we have a clear capacity requirement for operations.
- Lead the ongoing programme of Commercial Excellence within the division, aligning Commercial resources to drive margin enhancement.
- Ensure robust control over the divisional cost base identifying structural opportunities to deliver savings and ensuring delivery of the cost budget.
- Critically evaluate and reduce working capital and actively support and lead implementation of the action plans.
- Co-ordinate and prioritise capital expenditure requirements across the business unit, supporting the GMs as required in allocating resources effectively.
- Ensure that financial control is rigorously maintained across the business unit, through timely review of all site / divisional balance sheets and familiarisation & implementation of internal control requirements.
- To Lead, develop, and coach the Divisional Commercial and Operational finance teams to deliver a greater contribution to the overall financial performance of the business setting clear, measurable targets and objectives that impact business decision making.
- Support the development of the Finance function of the future - working with the Shared Service Centre and the wider UK Finance Leadership Team to deliver increased centralisation of processes to reduce non-value add activity at sites.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience working in a fast-paced multi-site manufacturing environment.
- The ability to communicate confidently at all levels, with strong influencing skills.
- Be able to work flexibly around the needs of the business.
- A solution focused approach to business partnering.