Head of Finance - Birmingham - £70,000 - £80,000 + Bonus
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a large FMCG business in Birmingham to hire a Head of Finance who can lead a newly formed division. The Head of Finance will provide financial leadership to the Division to achieve the strategic goals, through the provision and development of robust management information and processes to support decision making. This is a great opportunity to become a key part of a small management team who will drive the business forward.
The environment is going to be fast paced and ever changing which will ensure that no two days are the same. Being able to adapt will be an essential skill due to constant requests for ad hoc analysis, acquisitions that need support or a variety of projects that arise. As the Head of Finance, it will be essential to build relationships across the group and possess the ability to challenge where necessary. There is a small team in place who will support any transactional and reporting tasks, however, there will be a need to be hands on with a willingness to be involved in all areas e.g., processing invoices, weekly reporting and presenting to the leadership team.
The business is located in Central Birmingham, however, this role will be predominantly home based with the odd day needed in the office.
The Head of Finance in Birmingham responsibilities include:
- Ensure weekly and period end accounts are prepared and communicated to the centre in the appropriate format
- Provide commercial business partner support to the managing Director, ensuring business targets are achieved and that changing business requirements are met
- Manage cash and working capital
- Provide accurate and timely budgets and forecasts
- Enhance management understanding through provision of information and education. Continually review and challenge the measures to ensure accuracy and continuing relevance.
- Actively monitor and safeguard assets and ensure liabilities are accounted for
- Drive debtor collection
- Drive change in ways of working to fully utilise systems, enabling quicker, better decision making
- Ad hoc projects as required
The right person for the Head of Finance role will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and challenge at a senior level. The role needs a hand on individual who isn't afraid of "rolling their sleeves up" when necessary. FMCG, manufacturing or retail experience would be beneficial with demonstrable experience managing cash flow. Part time hours will also be considered for the right person.
Head of Finance Package:
- £70,000 - £80,000
- Remote working