Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Benefits
3 months ago
Head of Finance, Birmingham, £50,000
This role is a "hands-on" role, responsible for the management of a small finance team of 5 (2x Assistant Management Accountants and 2x Finance Assistant and a payroll executive) and its reporting requirements on a day-to-day basis.
This role aims to provide accurate financial information in a timely manner to the key business stakeholders and is an active member of the Executive Team - able to develop and react to operational plans and change across the business.
Key accountability's, Head of Finance, Birmingham
- Production of budgets and management accounts that accurately reflect the business activity, that accruals and other adjustments are being made correctly, and that variances from budget and other issues are investigated and resolved.
- Forecasting income and cost and ensuring cash flow is managed. Daily liquidity monitoring, including the escalation of variances and management of concentration risk.
- Managing the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required deadlines.
- Production of finance based statutory and regulatory reporting, including, annual accounts, VAT and Tax.
- Working with stakeholders to review and calculate the profitability of existing and potential customers, including the tracking of initial sales revenue projections against actual received.
- Working with the Executive Committee to produce strategy and financial plans with an eye on regulatory and industry change and the impacts on the function.
- Developing finance policies and procedures and ensuring that these are being consistently followed.
- Preparation of financial information and reporting on the overall business risk assessment of the group's finances.
- Ownership of corporate banking relationships and oversight of operational banking relationships, where managed within Operational Finance.
- Establishment of an effective Treasury Management function within the team, liaising with Operational Finance
- Oversight functions where required concerning Client Money.
- Oversight of corporate bank reconciliation.
- Ensuring efficient processing of monthly and weekly Payroll and pension payments and all required reporting.
- Review and ownership of the Financial Business Continuity plan.
Experience & Skills, Head of Finance, Birmingham
- A Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA/) - or equivalent, with relevant business experience
- A knowledge of business operations processes, in Financial Services
- Financial Services / FCA experience advantageous
- Mergers & Acquisitions experience advantageous
- Proven administrative, leadership and management experience
- Experience in devising and implementing strategic development and resource plans
- Previous experience of running a small finance function including payroll, PAYE, NIC, VAT, Payments, banking arrangements, accounts preparation and audit and other accounting transactions, adhering to proper controls and processes
If you are interested in this fantastic Head of Finance role based in Birmingham please do get in touch