£60000 - £70000 per annum + Pension, healthcare, parking, flexi-bens
27 days ago
Opportunities like this are truly few and far between - Head of Finance required for a very interesting and fast-growing Environmental business, who have recently secured further investment, based in Warwick, Warwickshire. This is a newly-created role, which offers a commercially-orientated Qualified Accountant with a solid technical finance background and strong managerial skills, the opportunity to step into an all-round Senior Finance role, heading up both the Transactional and Commercial finance teams.
This Head of Finance role will require someone who can enable and use 'forward looking' tools such as forecasting and project feasibility models, as well as 'historical reporting' such as management and statutory accounts production, to provide a completely 'rounded' picture.
The key responsibilities of the Head of Finance will include:
- Overseeing, managing and developing both the Transactional processing team (who have a Supervisor) and a small team of Finance Business Partners (who also have a 'dotted line' reporting relationship to their Divisional MD's).
- Monthly Management and Financial reporting.
- Forecasting and budgeting.
- Project feasibility modelling/ investment models/ financial forecast modelling.
- Provide insight into business performance through analysis, and provide strategic recommendations to enhance financial performance.
- Cashflow and working capital monitoring, reporting and forecasting requirements.
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with UK GAAP and applicable regulatory legislation for financial and tax reporting.
- Continuous improvement of all financial and management accounting processes and controls to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Set business KPIs and get buy-in from all stakeholders to drive the business towards its strategic targets.
- Manage the Year End audit and working papers.
- Taxation management, liaising with external advisers to ensure compliance.
- Manage relationships with auditors, company secretary and other external advisors, including banks, HMRC and taxation advisors.
The successful Head of Finance must be a fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ CA, ACCA, CIMA), with a proven all-round finance background - management and statutory accounts production, finance team management and strong commercial bias. Someone trained in Practice would be especially highly regarded, though not essential. You will be up-to-date with current accounting standards, and naturally seek to continuously enhance processes and increase efficiencies. Some exposure or knowledge of a Shared Service environment would also be very beneficial, as would some forecast modelling and/or investment modelling.
In person, the Head of Finance must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills as this is a highly visible role and a key member of the Senior Management Team, liasing at all levels within the business across all divisions, and externally. You will be confident, pro-active and able to work to tight deadlines with constantly evolving priorities. As this is a managerial position, you will enjoy motivating and developing your team, building strong and open relationships with staff of varying levels and abilities.
This fantastic Head of Finance role is attracting a salary of £60,000 - £70,000 dependant on experience and ability; plus discretionary bonus, contributory pension, and healthcare. Most importantly, there is of course the next step to a Finance Director position for the right person.
To apply for the Head of Finance position based in Warwick, Warwickshire, please click on the apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.