Head of Data (Hybrid working)
A brand new and exciting opportunity as a Head of Data for a Stoke-On-Trent based organisation has arisen in their time of growth and transformation. They are looking for overall leadership of the business wide data and information strategy, governance, control, policy development, and the effective exploitation of data assets through insight and analytics.
The role would suit an ambitious Data Professional looking to build a more complete breadth of leadership and professional skills at pace in around a 3 year timeframe.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a data and information strategy which is aligned with the strategic and operational goals of the organisation.
- Lead the development and effective implementation of data and information policies and associated governance frameworks to ensure delivery of the strategy.
- Lead the development of a stakeholder network at all levels of the organisation, including Executive leads and the main Supervisory Board, and ensure it is engaged & supportive of the delivery of the strategy and properly informed of relevant operational and strategic risks.
- Lead in the development and deployment of an effective organisational construct for the delivery of data governance, analytics & insight and data warehouse platforms; that appropriately balances the need to democratise the exploitation of data assets through federated delivery of analytics and insight across the company, with the need to centralise control of key services and governance through a Centre of Excellence construct.
- Manage colleagues in the Data team and ensure they are collectively high performing and individually achieving their full potential.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of the enterprise data model, rules and lineage for consumption as the specification of the Data Warehouse and the definitive 'version of the truth'.
- Lead and take operational responsibility for the delivery of a transformational Azure cloud based Modern Data Warehouse for consumption across all areas of the business
- Lead the upskilling of analytics and insight consumers to drive a predominantly self service model for each data domain of the warehouse.
- Champions the use of data driven approaches to support operational and strategic decision making.
- At least five years' experience in a data leadership role including the development of business driven data strategy incorporating at least: a data
governance regime, a data warehouse, approaches for leveraging maximum value from data assets and all associated policy and governance frameworks.
- Track record of designing and building data warehouses or analytics platforms at pace, and evidence of a delivery and outcome focus.
- Experience leading a team of data technology professionals in the build and maintenance of data warehouses
- Track record of delivering capability using agile approaches
- Evidence of ability to build and manage effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Expertise in communication and influencing up to Executive & Board level
- Expertise in the design and use of Microsoft Azure Data Warehousing technologies or equivalent
- Expertise in data modelling, rules and lineage and their maintenance in associated toolsets.
- Expertise in the use of PowerBI for analytics and insight.
They are looking for an experienced leader who can come in and hit the ground running, make a difference and be ambitious in this critical role for the business.
Please apply if interested or email me directly on taelaelms@ workwithglee.com for more information. GleeIT