Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Bonus + benefits
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are partnering with a Technology-based organisation, who are seeking an experience Head of Customer Service to join their team on a permanent basis in their Birmingham offices.
- Manage and drive the performance of the Customer Service Agents in your team so they meet departmental targets of service quality and productivity.
- Support and regularly train the Customer Service Agents in your team on all technical aspects of customer service and by reviewing actual recorded customer calls, advising on best practice so that agents consistently achieve the agreed standards for customer service.
- Personal ownership of a number of major accounts for which you will be the key customer service contact providing top quality service including meetings for quarterly service performance reviews.
- Through attitude, standards and leadership, drive the development of a culture of excellent customer service with all teams and colleagues.
- Reporting to the Operations Director.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Ensure your team have clearly prioritised tasks so that all customer enquiries are dealt with promptly and professionally.
- Coordinate and improve service related processes.
- Coach the team to ensure that the correct procedures are followed and customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Develop sustainable relationships with and act as the contact point for the management of allocated key customers.
- Provide proactive problem resolution and corrective actions to ensure excellence in service and handle escalations.
- Review with customers and internally the customer specific KPIs and compliance to service agreements, analyse performance data and recommend changes and improvements to service levels.
- Work closely with the Operations and Sales functions to ensure customer retention is maximised.
- Foster relationships with colleagues so that best practice and commercial opportunities are shared.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that compliance is adhered to in all procedures and resolve service issues quickly before they impact our customer.
- Continuously develop the skills and capabilities of team and sustain succession planning for all key roles.
Key Skills Required:
- Very strong understanding of the English Language (including communication and written skills).
- Great attention to detail and use of own initiative.
- Knowledge of the Transportation / Logistics industry is desirable, not essential
- Demonstrable experience working within a similar Customer Service Management role within a contact centre setting
- Commercial & Strategic in approach