Head of Commercial Finance in Birmingham - 80 - 85k + 8k Car & 30% Bonus
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a FTSE 100 organisation to recruit a Head of Commercial Finance to co-ordinate and lead the commercial planning process and the development of commercial excellence across the business.
The business is a well-known FMCG organisation who work with some of the biggest brands worldwide. The Commercial Finance Director is keen to bring in a hungry individual who enjoys driving change and has a wealth of experience business partnering at a senior level.
The role will have 1 direct report (Finance Analyst) to support with the day to day and dotted line management of 4 cluster FBP's. The role is home based (3 days a week) with the other two days either at the Head Office in Birmingham or on a site in the Midlands.
Head of Commercial Finance in Birmingham responsibilities:
- Understand and communicate where and how the business creates value. Relentlessly challenge the business to improve its commercial performance and ensure management responds quickly and effectively to problems or adverse trends.
- Provide insight into the key drivers of volume, revenue, and margin performance to influence decision making and to drive action planning at a UK and Cluster level.
- Manage the commercial planning process through working with the Cluster Commercial Business Partners in developing a consistently prepared demand forecast for the business, reflecting new business opportunities, volume growth opportunities and customer risks.
- Ensure that all Clusters are focused on where and how value is won or lost through a detailed understanding of added value, throughput margin and margin over variable cost.
- To work with the UK Commercial Operations lead in the delivery of Commercial Excellence programme supporting in the implementation of the tools required to develop greater insight into product and customer profitability and drive value.
The right person for the Head of Commercial Finance in Birmingham will be:
ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified with demonstrable experience business partnering at Director level and supporting the creation of the commercial strategy. Team management would be advantage but not essential - previous experience in demand planning and pricing within an FMCG environment will also be an advantage.
Experience in large organisation will be essential.
Head of Commercial Finance Birmingham package:
- £80,0000 - £85,000
- £8,000 Car Allowance
- 30% Bonus
- 3 days per week remote working