Birmingham, West Midlands
£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + car, 20% bonus, pension, healthcare
about 1 year ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group have been instructed on an exclusive basis by an exciting Retail business in Birmingham to recruit a Head of Commercial Finance. This is a newly created role and will see you support the Group FD with all things commercial within this fast paced, multi-site UK operation.
The ideal candidate will come from an FMCG / Retail Background and will have a high aptitude for commercial finance coupled with excellent team management skills.
You will be working closely with the Group FD and MD of this high growth business area and will provide financial support and critical analytical challenge to ensure it achieves the financial targets it has been set. You will be highly involved in managing relationships between both Operations and Finance and will be comfortable in both areas.
As the Head of Commercial Finance you will be a fully qualified accountant and will have extremely strong stakeholder management experience, coupled with excellent FP&A skills. You will be able to work comfortably in a very demanding environment and be able to work well under pressure.
1st Stage Interviews - Week Commencing 24th February
As the Head of Commercial Finance you will be a commercially focused finance business partner and be able to:
- Manage and develop a small but strong qualified finance team.
- Establish effective relationships with all members of the senior management team and develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the business.
- Ensure a robust sales forecast is in place by monitoring and challenging this forecast as well as investigating variances to the plan.
- Ensure the team are providing reporting analysis to explain the underlying variances against budget and forecast.
- Build, manage, track and evaluate investments and promotions to drive profits in line with the annual plan.
- Work with Operations to evaluate effectiveness of promotions.
- Provide direction to Operations to improve the bottom line, drive sales, revenue and return on investment.
- Identify and follow risks and opportunities.
- Undertake and drive insightful analysis of all KPI's to monitor and report on the implementation of the overall financial strategy.
- Undertake ad hoc Projects.
As the successful Head of Commercial Finance you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant with FMCG / Retail experience;
- Strong commercial finance background;
- A strong communicator who is comfortable challenging the status quo;
- Strong leadership and motivation of people;
- Able to interpret and communicate financial issues to non-finance stakeholders;
- Ability to roll sleeves up and get into the detail when required;
- A sense of humour.
The Benefits Package:
The following benefits package is available to the successful Head of Commercial Finance:
- Salary of £80K - £90K
- Car allowance - £8K
- Bonus - 20%
- DIS x 3
- Fun, fast paced environment