Solihull, West Midlands
£80000 - £90000 per annum + bonus, pension, healthcare
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group have been instructed on an exclusive basis by an exciting PE backed business to recruit a Head of Commercial Finance. This is a newly created role and will see you support the CFO with all things commercial including M&A activity within their UK operation.
The ideal candidate will come from an FMCG / Retail Background and will have a high aptitude for commercial finance coupled with excellent team management skills.
You will be working closely with the CFO and CEO and will provide financial support and critical analytical challenge to ensure the organisation achieves the financial targets it has been set. You will be highly involved in managing relationships between both Operations and Finance and will be comfortable in both areas.
As the Head of Commercial Finance you will be a fully qualified accountant and will have extremely strong stakeholder management experience, coupled with excellent FP&A skills. You will be able to work very comfortably in a very fast moving environment and be able to work well under pressure.
1st Stage Interviews - Week Commencing 4th November
As the Head of Commercial Finance you will be a commercially focused finance business partner and be able to:
- Manage and develop a small and highly qualified finance team.
- Establish effective relationships with all members of the senior management team and develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the business.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and timely delivery of financial reporting.
- Identify and follow risks and opportunities.
- Ensure a robust sales forecast is in place by monitoring and challenging this forecast as well as investigating variances to the plan.
- Ensure the team are providing reporting analysis to explain the underlying variances against budget and forecast.
- Build, manage, track and evaluate investments and promotions to drive profits in line with the annual plan.
- Work with Sales & Marketing and Operations to evaluate effectiveness of promotions.
- Provide direction to Sales & Marketing to improve the bottom line, drive sales, revenue and return on investment.
- Undertake and drive insightful analysis of all KPI's to monitor and report on the implementation of the overall financial strategy.
- M&A Projects.
As the successful Head of Commercial Finance you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant with FMCG / Retail experience;
- Strong commercial finance background;
- M&A background desirable;
- A strong communicator who is comfortable challenging the status quo;
- Strong leadership and motivation of people;
- Able to interpret and communicate financial issues to non-finance stakeholders;
- A sense of humour.
The Benefits Package:
The following benefits package is available to the successful Head of Commercial Finance:
- Salary of £80K - £90K
- Fun, fast paced environment
- Career progression