We are supporting a medium to large Business in finding a talented Head of Commercial Finance to work with their Government and Public Sector contracts division. They are seeking a qualified Accountant with extensive commercial finance experience. A salary of £80,000 to £90,000 is on offer, plus car allowance, pension, PHI and bonus.
The location of the role is pretty flexible given it will involve a mix of national travel across their multiple sites and some home working. If you prefer to have an office as a base, then Birmingham is likely to be the best place to be, as the Board and wider Finance team are based there, but there are other options available across the UK.
The business has achieved unparalleled growth over the last few years via both organic growth coupled with some strategic acquisitions. With ambitious growth plans in place, this role represents an opportunity to play a significant role in shaping the future direction of this ambitious business.
* Support the deal team with all aspects of bid modelling and contract negotiation
* Lead transition and contract commencement from a finance perspective
* Lead monthly contract review and forecasting process
* All financial aspects of contract cost improvement and client change management
* Improve and develop contract financial analysis and forecasting
* Established major contract Finance Director
* Extensive experience in large public sector outsourcing contracts, preferably some defence sector
* Transition and contract commencement
* Well used to working with commercial, sales and legal teams
* Knowledge of commercial structures and conversant with PCR15 regulations
* Advanced understanding of the application of IFRS15 to large contracts
* Has worked successfully in a complex matrix environment that is undergoing transformation
* Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and change
* Qualified accountant with strong academics
* Able to work in a fluid, non-process environment in an intelligent and entrepreneurial manner