Head of BA - Birmingham (Hybrid working, 1-2 days in office) - £70K
Working for a global Fintech company, the Head of BA is a management-level position leading a team of multi-discipline Business Analysts. The Business Analysts collaborate with the business and clients alike to gather and document requirements to improve existing and build new systems and processes.
As a Head of BA, you will be responsible for liaising between clients, business users and technologists to exchange information in a concise, logical and understandable way in coordination with the Technology team.
You will oversee a team of 12 BAs split into two functions. One function is the building and development of in house solutions and the other is client facing, gathering client requirements, documentations etc.
Additional tasks and responsibilities:
- Establish standards for Business Analysis, including methodologies, metrics, requirements and tools, aligned to best practices.
- Take ownership of resource planning and talent acquisition for correctly sized teams to meet the growing business pipeline
- Facilitate the establishment of team structure and roles, hiring and on-boarding Analysts and ensuring adequate resource and talent allocation.
- Manage employee/team performance by setting objectives and performance metrics and standards and conducting performance reviews
- Assume role of Lead BA on large, highly visible projects as required
- Monitor service requests and project progress. Manage escalated project issues.
- Liaising between the Business Analysis team and stakeholders: Meet with project teams, department colleagues, external vendors and internal clients to ensure needs are met.
- Inspire and nurture team members at all levels to continuously improve our ways of working, our culture, and our individual craftsmanship.
- Work effectively and collaborate cross functionally, build support and alignment across multiple business units.
Essential skills needed:
- Experience leading high-performing, multi-disciplinary global distributed teams
- Experience in working with Agile teams
- Strong technical and QA engineering background that includes cloud technology, platforms/APIs and user-facing applications
- Proficiency in modern technology architecture, cloud infrastructure (Azure and AWS) and software development practices
- Knowledge of current trends and innovations in technology infrastructure and computer software applications
- Database architecture and design skills
- IT system architecture development skills
- Specific knowledge of business analysis methodologies and tools
- Familiarity with business process improvement
The role offers great flexibility, team culture and progression. Please apply directly if interested or email me at taelaelms @workwithglee.com