Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £50000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Looking for a high profile international sponsorship role?
We are working with the West Midlands Growth Company exclusively, assisting with the hire of a Head of Accountant Management, who will deliver the Business and Tourism programme rights for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games sponsors and play a pivotal role in driving the West Midlands region forward.
It's a unique opportunity to work for the region's Investment Promotion Agency, as it delivers a Business and Tourism Programme (BATP) to leverage the economic opportunities and global profile created by the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games to attract investment and bring prosperity to the region.
With the BATP sponsorship rights integrated into the B2022 partners packages, You will work hand in hand with the organising committee account managers and also the Department for International Trade across the 'UK House' programme to deliver them. It is a hugely exciting, dynamic and high profile role for an ambitious and motivated individual
This is a contract role, running until June 2023.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Head of Account Management:
- Responsible for the Business and Tourism Programme (BATP) rights delivery for Commonwealth Games sponsors and ensuring sponsors develop a long-term relationship with the West Midlands Growth Company
- Work closely with the Commonwealth Games organising committee to support the relationship management of Commonwealth Games sponsors with BATP rights
- Communicate continuously with internal workstream leads and other Account Managers to ensure they are kept up to date and have an input into sponsor plans, and any rights delivery challenges in a timely fashion
- Build relationships with key personnel at all relevant sponsors and provide a consistent and high level of support.
- Work with the internal BATP brand manager to ensure timely approval of sponsor materials
- Ensure sponsors are adhering to given deadlines for the delivery of BATP rights e.g. recommendations of speakers, invitations to events
- Post Games, support the organising committee debrief process, but continue to account manage the sponsor until programme completion work
- Substantial commercial experience in the operation of sponsor services and the delivery of sponsor rights in a major sport, business, or cultural event
- Proven experience of working on behalf of B2B sponsors
- The ability to keep calm under pressure and work to deadlines.
- Project management experience in a sport/business/entertainment event context
- Strong people management skills, verbal and written communication and to be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks