Stourbridge, West Midlands
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
4 months ago
I am working with a Solicitors based near Stourbridge and assisting with their search for a Head Legal Cashier to join their business on a permanent basis. Due to the complexity of the role, previous experience within the Legal sector is a must.
You will be managing an established team of 3, including payroll and reporting with responsibility of Purchase Ledger and Accounts Payable. Depending on experience you can expect a salary of up to £35,000 per annum.
This position offers a blended working pattern of both home and office working, so it would be helpful if you lived local to Stourbridge or happy to commute 2-3 times a week.
Head Legal Cashier Duties:
- Process receipts, payments and transfer of client monies
- Maintain accurate client ledgers
- Review and process invoices
- Process supplier payments
- Daily/ weekly supplier statement reconciliations
- Process expenses
- Cash allocation
- Credit control
- Allocation of online payments
- BACS and CHAPS payments
- Process Legal Aid and allocation of credits received from the LAA
- Ensuring disbursements are posted correctly
- Oversee month end procedures
- Assisting with SRA solicitor accounts audits
To be considered for the Head Legal Cashier you must:
- Have previous experience within a Legal Cashier position
- Have managed a small team, or have the drive and ability to step up into the role
- Be able to create and maintain professional relationships
- Be self motivated and work independently
- Have an eye for detail with a high level of accuracy
If this sounds like a role for you, please do not hesitate to apply or get in touch. Full job specification available.
To apply for the Head Legal Cashier position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.