Walsall, West Midlands
£50000.00 - £55000 per annum + + benefits
21 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in Walsall in search of a Group Tax Manager. This is a new position that offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects to the West Midlands region. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded financial accountant to join their business to support across a variety of functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Group Tax Manager you will report into the head of the department and will be responsible for the following:
- Manage and maintain the tax control framework for corporate tax processes and assist with maintenance of effective controls.
- Compliance and optimisation of corporate taxation related to cross-border intragroup transactions (transfer pricing); and
- R&D tax credit claims made to HMRC related to the significant levels of investment incurred in R&D activity.
- Business partnering with many key stakeholders across the organisation (within and outside of finance) to achieve objectives.
- Maintain adherence to transfer pricing policy, process requirements, statutory documentation requirements and reporting obligations.
- Manage the preparation and filing of group R&D tax credit claims, ensuring that compliance requirements are met, and claims filed in a timely manner.
- Timely and effective support for the business and effective engagement across multiple functions and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for this Group Tax Manager position will be a qualified and looking to make a move from external audit:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CTA
- Strong ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Experience within new projects.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied accountancy at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary up to £55,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!