£60000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group is supporting an International automotive group in Warwickshire to recruit a Group Tax Manager.
The business is a well-known brand with a large finance team that can offer multiple routes of progression within a large PLC environment. The Group Tax Manager will be responsible for the delivery of all corporation tax and VAT compliance, tax and VAT accounting, and reporting deliverables within the group
The role is diverse and the Group Tax Manager will have the opportunity to develop expertise across a range of other tax activities including transfer pricing, management of annual R&D claim, and coordination of tax risk management.
Group Tax Manager Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the group's corporation tax compliance cycle including relevant tax claims and elections. Forecasting the Division's effective tax rate and UK corporation tax payments.
- Accountable for managing the Division's other tax compliance responsibilities, such as the group's VAT returns cycle, CIS, Intrastat, and Income tax returns, liaising with other areas of finance and operational teams as necessary.
- Accountable for ensuring that the tax accounting for the consolidated division and individual statutory entities, including all tax disclosures for current tax and deferred tax, are prepared in line with applicable standards.
- Improving the group's tax and treasury policies, processes, and control environments and implementing recommendations for improvement from internal and external auditors. Work with other parts of the business to introduce improvements to the group's information and processes used to ensure tax compliance.
- Tax reporting to the senior leadership team including preparing tax strategy audit committee papers and ensuring that the group is aware of changes to tax legislation.
- Maintaining the relationship with the group's tax auditors, where applicable.
The right person for the Group Tax manager will need to be CTA/ATT/ACA Qualified with a wealth of experience within a tax-focused role either making the first move into Industry from practice or in a similar role in Industry. The ideal profile will be a least 2 years post qualified and confident interacting with senior individuals across the business.
Group Tax Manager package:
- £60,000 - £65,000
- Up to 20% Bonus
- Private Medical
- Flexible working